Planted 40g Aquarium Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have the pothos plants on the tank now! I added them a few days ago... Forgot to update the thread though lol
20230612-124813.jpg

That patience you've been exercising....👍🏻 you're doing a better job than some of the well seasoned fishkeepers 😅 I couldn't wait this long

Things have been growing in very nicely...
Fish coming soon... Im getting the extra peacock gudgeons and the 15 corydoras off "The Wet Spot Tropical Fish", so I'm saving up a bit extra money to do so... The schooling fish I will get from my LPS using store credit and extra money I save...
20230620_102547.jpg

Nice, I've had good experiences with The Wet Spot. :cool:
Awesome!
Yah... That's why I'm ordering from them so I can skip the qt process for the corydoras and peacock gudgeons. Cause I've never heard if any bad thing from them.

The other fish I will qt though.

What do you guys think?
Should get a siamese algae eaters or dension barbs?...

What do you guys think?
Should get a siamese algae eaters or dension barbs?...
I think both would be a bit too big for this tank - the Denison Barbs need a big 4 foot as a minimum really. Instead of the SAE how about going for some kind of Whiptail Catfish? Most are quite flexible and I think your water is reasonably neutral right?

I wonder if Oddessa Barbs might be a good alternative to the Denisons, similar colours and behaviour just smaller - though a rounder body shape? Not sure if you wanted that Torpedo Shape? Maybe Panda Barbs?

I think both would be a bit too big for this tank - the Denison Barbs need a big 4 foot as a minimum really. Instead of the SAE how about going for some kind of Whiptail Catfish? Most are quite flexible and I think your water is reasonably neutral right?

I wonder if Oddessa Barbs might be a good alternative to the Denisons, similar colours and behaviour just smaller - though a rounder body shape? Not sure if you wanted that Torpedo Shape? Maybe Panda Barbs?
Welllll fate had a different opinion of what goes in the tank lol...
I know that either wouldn't work but guess what?... Y'all ain't gonna believe this...
The day before yesterday I saw a small fish swimming in my 40g... Right now its about half of an inch... I haven't seen it come back out at all since its first appearance... Its a tan/off-white colored fish with a black horizontal stripe going down the middle...
I have not added ANYTHING since the initial setup! I'm honestly confused about how it got in there... I know it could've been from the plants as an egg, but that was a long time ago and it would've had to survive shipping and high ammonia doses...
When I was looking online, the two fish that matched the profile somewhat (from what I remember about the fish I saw) is the Siamese Algae Eater and Dension Barb....
So yayyy... Free fish lol 😬

Welllll fate had a different opinion of what goes in the tank lol...
I know that either wouldn't work but guess what?... Y'all ain't gonna believe this...
The day before yesterday I saw a small fish swimming in my 40g... Right now its about half of an inch... I haven't seen it come back out at all since its first appearance... Its a tan/off-white colored fish with a black horizontal stripe going down the middle...
I have not added ANYTHING since the initial setup! I'm honestly confused about how it got in there... I know it could've been from the plants as an egg, but that was a long time ago and it would've had to survive shipping and high ammonia doses...
When I was looking online, the two fish that matched the profile somewhat (from what I remember about the fish I saw) is the Siamese Algae Eater and Dension Barb....
So yayyy... Free fish lol 😬
Otocinclus look like that too but they are supposed to be hard to tank breed. If so, that would really be a good luck omen.

Snap a photo if you can, could you feed the tank to coax it out?

Otocinclus look like that too but they are supposed to be hard to tank breed. If so, that would really be a good luck omen.
I don't think it was an oto... But that would be cool lol
Snap a photo if you can, could you feed the tank to coax it out?
I tried yesterday but he/she didn't come out... I may try putting brine shrimp in today...
Its a small fish in a relatively large tank with lots of small nooks and crannies to hide... So it'll for sure be hard to find

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back