Planted 40g Aquarium Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wayyy later on down the road after this tank has been well established, do you guys think a blue phantom pleco would do well in here, or is that too many bottom dwellers?

No, this is not advisable. The tank size is a significant factor--a 7-inch pleco is not suited to a 40g breeder with other fish. I would have thought twice (or thrice!) about adding something this large to my 5-foot Amazon tank. I would never do it in my 40g breeder with cories and upper fish.

No, this is not advisable. The tank size is a significant factor--a 7-inch pleco is not suited to a 40g breeder with other fish. I would have thought twice (or thrice!) about adding something this large to my 5-foot Amazon tank. I would never do it in my 40g breeder with cories and upper fish.

Yah, that's what I thought... I was just curious really...
Thanks!

The tiger lotus had been growing REALLY well! I'm loving it!! 😍
View attachment 318880

The red wendtii is getting some new leaves on finally!!!
View attachment 318881

So are the green Wendtii. And they're growing faster!!
View attachment 318882View attachment 318883

The repens leaves are going red at the top!!!
View attachment 318884

And the swords are doing really well!
The vals are growing in new leaves rather quickly!!
View attachment 318885

So far so good in the plant world!
Are you considering a foreground ground cover?

Are you considering a foreground ground cover?
Not really... Once the crypts grow in they should be providing a lot of good cover at the front if the tank... I have looked into foreground cover, but I just don't think it will provide the look I'm going for in the end.

The tiger lotus has REALLY been doing well!!
Im loving it so far!
Look at those leaves!
20230527_132639.jpg

What is the pothos doing now?

What is the pothos doing now?
2/3 have some good roots starting but I may only use one for the tank... I'm thinking of just splitting off a plant from the mother plant and rinsing the roots off very well to plant on the tank. The other two cuttings will be planted in pots...

It's a nice variety you've got there, I like the angular shape to the leaf

Looks brilliant I've not seen the triangle leaves before. I have a green and red one in my tank but it's never really grown properly - it sits quite low but I've heard they are happy to do that sometimes.

Wills

I've not seen the triangle leaves before.

According to Kasselmann (2003) submersed juvenile leaves are triangular hastate (= the arrow shape) but as they mature they become ovoid to almost round, peltate, entire, deep notches at the base with acute or round base lobes. Thinking back, this was the case with my two plants.

This plant, both the red leaf and green leaf cultivar of the same species, is a polymorph species, meaning that there are external differences between some of the various geographical populations; further study may or may not determine distinct species.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back