Planted 40g Aquarium Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think it looks great matey 👍🏻 if you don't want your lotus leaves to sit on the surface I'd nip that leaf racing to the heavens now. Are you cycling it or are you seeding it from the gudgeon tank or are you doing a fish-in?

I think it looks great matey 👍🏻 if you don't want your lotus leaves to sit on the surface I'd nip that leaf racing to the heavens now. Are you cycling it or are you seeding it from the gudgeon tank or are you doing a fish-in?
Thanks!! I'm seeing how I like that taller leaf and if it becomes bothersome to me, I'll remove it, but for now I'm enjoying it!

I have it seeded, I did a little bit if a fishless cycle, and I think I might also be doing a bit of a fish in cycle... I'll keep an eye out on parameters but it SHOULD be completely safe...
Very nice Rocky 🙂
Thanks!

Whats the plan stocking wise for this setup? Think i remember you wanting some cories
Over the course of a few months I'm adding (hopefully in full groups):

Corydoras Sterbai- x15
Rasbora borapetensis- x11
Tateurndina ocellicauda- x5-6

And sometime down the road:

Pseudomugil Luminatus OR Iriatherina werneri- x11

The tank this evening:
20230606_180834.jpg

Tank maintenance day is tomorrow, so I'll clean it up...
I think I'm gonna get the sterbai Corydoras off of The Wet Spot Tropical Fish... That way I don't have to quarantine them then... All the other fish I will get from my lps and I WILL qt them lol

I like the little tiny baby crypt in the very front! means the big ones are doing well and sending out runners! very nice!

I like the little tiny baby crypt in the very front! means the big ones are doing well and sending out runners! very nice!
Thanks
That one has actually always been there... But for some reason it's stick in growth... I know it has a root tab but it hasn't been getting new leaves or anything. I think part of the reason is, is that is the one that I left all the original leaves on... So it has been stalled in growth ever since planting... I need to just cut all the leaves off lol

Thanks
That one has actually always been there... But for some reason it's stick in growth... I know it has a root tab but it hasn't been getting new leaves or anything. I think part of the reason is, is that is the one that I left all the original leaves on... So it has been stalled in growth ever since planting... I need to just cut all the leaves off lol
Nah just leave it matey, it's doing its thing 👍🏻 it will soon catch up when it gets hold of that root tab

That lotus is loving life! Look at that pearling 😍

That lotus is loving life! Look at that pearling 😍
To be fair, I accidentally ripped that leaf by dropping the siphon right on it... Thankfully it's not noticeable besides the pearling lol.
But my Amazon swords do that a lot without ripped leaves lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back