Planted 40g Aquarium Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I hope the "stray" fish is not a Siamese Algae Eater or Denison Barb. These are shoaling fish, they get large, too large for a 40g, and will be real trouble. See if you can post a photo, or get it identified. This could literally ruin your entire setup, depending what it is. It might be wise to return it to the store ASAP.

Its hard to ID fry really sometimes its a bit obvious but not always. Just a guess but if its come in on plants it would make sense if it was an algae eater as some stores keep some in their planted tanks to help keep the tanks clean so SAE or Oto could be good candidates.

Wills

Its hard to ID fry really sometimes its a bit obvious but not always. Just a guess but if its come in on plants it would make sense if it was an algae eater as some stores keep some in their planted tanks to help keep the tanks clean so SAE or Oto could be good candidates.

Wills

True. And an oto is far more likely...SAE's are too expensive, plus they do not do much with algae though admittedly store staff might not have a clue on this aspect.

I hope the "stray" fish is not a Siamese Algae Eater or Denison Barb. These are shoaling fish, they get large, too large for a 40g, and will be real trouble. See if you can post a photo, or get it identified. This could literally ruin your entire setup, depending what it is. It might be wise to return it to the store ASAP.
Yah... I know... It's been hiding A LOT though... The first and last time I saw it was Wednesday...
I will let it get comfortable and grow a little to where it's harder for him to hide and then when he's comfortable, he'll come out more which means he'll be easier to catch...

Wills
I'm almost certain it's an SAE. I would LOVE it to be an oto, but from what I remember, it looks a lot like an SAE.
True. And an oto is far more likely...SAE's are too expensive, plus they do not do much with algae though admittedly store staff might not have a clue on this aspect.
I will keep hoping it's an oto lol... But again, from my memory and for the quick amount of time I saw it, it looked a lot like an SAE...
I got it directly from a wholesaler, so it's very possible it's an SAE that they got to eat the algae on plants lol

Just finished a waterchange!
20230624_160507.jpg

But wheres the fiiiiiiiiiiish??? 😩

That's what I've been asking all dayyyy 😭😂
Are you waiting on a delivery? It's been that long I can't remember what you've decided on!

Lol... No, I'm talking about the fish that is a hitchhiker in my aquarium 😅. Supposedly an SAE or something...
🧐 I got my hopes up then, at last some fish but noooo....just a SAE illegal immigrant that wasn't invited to the party

🧐 I got my hopes up then, at last some fish but noooo....just a SAE illegal immigrant that wasn't invited to the party
Fish will be coming soon 😉😂

I'm anxious to get fish as well but I've definitely learned to be patient with these things lol...

I'm going to send you some, wait....

I know it's not that good of a photo... But what's this on the sand? Is it a form of algae?
It goes away if the sand keeps getting stirred up.
20230625_142814.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back