People just don’t get it...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stopping smoking was a very pleasing & rewarding experience at the time. We saved a ton of money in only a few months.
Just looking at the cost of Cigarettes here in the U.K, The brand me & my wife smoked are £11 for 20 ??, We would easy smoke 20 each a day, Thats scared me to death, All that money just wasted

Stopping smoking was a very pleasing & rewarding experience at the time. We saved a ton of money in only a few months.
Just looking at the cost of Cigarettes here in the U.K, The brand me & my wife smoked are £11 for 20 ??, We would easy smoke 20 each a day, Thats scared me to death, All that money just wasted
And now pumped into fish tanks, happy days!

Unfortunatly when they get older the demands & costs rise.
Its not a new Play station anymore, its cars & car insurance. Then deposits for houses, Luckily my younger 3 kids are not quite at that point yet

Unfortunatly when they get older the demands & costs rise.
Its not a new Play station anymore, its cars & car insurance. Then deposits for houses, Luckily my younger 3 kids are not quite at that point yet
Geez, is that how kids are raised these days? I'm lucky enough to have a two decade old car that I'm basically just allowed to use, not even own. Everything else regarding adulting and moving out is almost entirely on my shoulders (which is kind of why I'm still under my folk's roof...).

Geez, is that how kids are raised these days? I'm lucky enough to have a two decade old car that I'm basically just allowed to use, not even own. Everything else regarding adulting and moving out is almost entirely on my shoulders (which is kind of why I'm still under my folk's roof...
Parenting is a weird job, because the whole point is to equip your kids so they don't need you anymore. They still need your counsel and support, but financially and otherwise, the whole goal is independence. Emergencies happen, but overall, my goal is for her not to need my financial assistance once she's through college. Unfortunately, part of that is allowing them to take their own risks and experience their own failures. But that's how I was raised, and I'm a better person for it.

Well you must look at like this - we create a safe environment for a eco-system. What I dont understand are snake lizard owners? Yuck
Friend, I am a snake and lizard owner myself. I can tell you that, from my fairly extensive experience with them, they are no more yucky than your fish. In fact, they may even be less yucky, depending on one's definition. They aren't slimy, they can usually be handled, and they are far more intelligent than most people realize. But of course, not everyone likes them, and I wouldn't expect them to. What surprises me though, given the similarities between the fish hobby and the herp hobby (not to mention the fact that many people who participate in one, also participate in the other), is how easily a fish keeper can negatively judge a herp keeper. Have you ever heard the phrase, "the pot calling the kettle black"?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back