Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flame Angels are awesome! Any other small Angels that you like? I also like the Red Stripe and The Keyhole Angel. Same as the Flame, according to live aquaria, both are reef compatible with caution. What wrasse catches your eye?

Flame Angels are awesome! Any other small Angels that you like? I also like the Red Stripe and The Keyhole Angel. Same as the Flame, according to live aquaria, both are reef compatible with caution. What wrasse catches your eye?

I like the 6 line, but there are other similar wrasses that I like as well. I have the sandbed, so I can support a wrasse. It'd probably be one of the last things I add to the tank.

The angelfish selections are very nice. I'd love to just have a colorful, fun, relatively low-maintenance reef. Which is why I'm sort of shying away from a planted marine right now. The tank was lovely, just I really had to prune once a week, & honestly, it was a pain at times.

It's time to say goodbye to Pearls of the Antilles. The tank is making a recovery, but I don't plan on pursuing a biotope at this time.

This was my first marine journal and I learned a lot from this system.

Some parting pictures and videos.

fts

839839f8.jpg

Rock anemones

66d4899b.jpg

Calgrainian mushroom

e9f144d3.jpg

A member of the wolf pack

DSC06713.jpg

I see you! Awesome jawfish!

DSC06717.jpg

Ricordeas

DSC06737.jpg

3274c41f.jpg

49b44586.jpg

Awesome video of mated jawfish pair eating.

Parting fts

DSC06698.jpg

Like I said, I loved this tank. Will I revisit a Caribbean biotope again? You betcha, just not right now. This is a system I'd love to repeat on a grander scale, say about 120 gallons of shallow tank with a school of chalk bass, reef chromis and a small colony of jawfish.

Lissette

OMG! Im devastated for you. I know that feeling, it was a great tank.

Bye bye biotope... :byebye:

Awwww thanks, I liked having a biotope, but I also have to think about making this tank very low-maintenance for my family. Low-maintenance does not include regularly pruning macro. Low-maintenance is a lightly stocked, fun reef with lots of movement and stupid easy corals. Showy stuff that doesn't require a lot of fancy feeding.

Loved it. It will be great once again.

-Tyler

Of course it will. It's me... :D

L

Hi Lis, just read through this as I've not been active for a while, sorry to hear about the problems you've been having, but we're all looking forward to your next salty venture!

Hi Lis, just read through this as I've not been active for a while, sorry to hear about the problems you've been having, but we're all looking forward to your next salty venture!

This problem came out of nowhere. Otherwise the reef was in great shape. Sometimes this happens with macro algae. It's made me change the type of powerheads I use.

I've abandoned Koralias for Aqueons. I want to see how they perform. So far, I'm impressed.

L

I am interested in how they peform. Imhad the option of Aqeon but i got Koralia cause i didnt know about Aqeons.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back