Pearl gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dwarfs

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Will my pearl gourami hurt my two honey gouramis in a 55 gallon tank? :dunno: The honeys are half his size :flex: . The pearl is Beautiful i'll get pics soon as i can :D

Of the 5 different types of gouramis I've had, my pearl is my least aggressive. I'd keep and eye on it but you might just get lucky.

ALASKA

I have heard that the smaller gourami's are the one's that can get aggressive...they have little fish syndrome I think ;-) My pearls are only aggressive to one another when trying to work out the pecking order which is normal.

Both the pearl and honey gourami are among the less aggressive gouramis. Provide lots of plants (near the surface or even floating) for them to hide among and they should get along fine. Still, they are gouramis, so if you've got more than one male there's always a chance there will be trouble. Keep an eye on them.

I put the honeys in and he is now happier. He doesn't hide behind plants at the top of the tank and comes down to the middle. The honeys are a good influenceon him :D

I was always told that Gourami's are friendly fish, but then one day 1 of my male Honey dwarfs decided to make a bubble nest. It was quite amusing to watch a little 2cm gourami chasing away any other fish that decided to get near his nest. Even my 12cm silver sharks (bala sharks) were chased away. In a 180L tank with about 20 odd fish, believe me, it was quite a sight to see the tank seperated into 2 distinct sections, the left for the male gourami and his nest and the right with all the other fish.

Moral of the story? Gourami's are timid until they feel like being mean. Then the "teeth" come out and everyone's afraid.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back