Pearl gourami issues

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I made a thread not so long ago about my smallest of the 3 pearl gourami staying behind the filter and I tought everything came back to normal later that day. Actually it got worse, she's staying at the right cornor of the tank almost all day long and today I don't think she even ate so I hope tomorrow she will. The other pearl gouramis are 2x or 3x bigger than her so she gets pushed a little bit. What should I do?

Attachments

• 15921535789101895836788.jpg
    15921535789101895836788.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
It's probably being bullied by the other 2 gouramis. Move it into a different tank and see if it improves. If it does, then leave the pair in their tank and the spare fish in its own tank.

It's probably being bullied by the other 2 gouramis. Move it into a different tank and see if it improves. If it does, then leave the pair in their tank and the spare fish in its own tank.
I can't do that, I don't have another tank and I can't get another one.

I agree. It’s most likely bullying.

So you can’t move it to another tank? How big is the tank?

Hi.
If you got your fish recently then stress and getting used to a new habitat could be a possibility, or it could be bullied by other fish.

Update: Sorry just saw other people have posted the same thing, I agree with them.

Hi.
If you got your fish recently then stress and getting used to a new habitat could be a possibility, or it could be bullied by other fish.

Update: Sorry just saw other people have posted the same thing, I agree with them.
I got them like 1-2 months ago so it's not stress because of new a habitat..

The hiding fish looks to be a male going by the body shape and orange chin though he is still young, could you post another pic of him and post pics of the other two as well? if they have paired they are not going to like this juvenile male hanging about.
They are beautiful fish I have only ever had one, a male, for many years now, he is fully grown and so beautiful and no trouble, but never had his own kind with him!

Most reactions

Back