Overstocked

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And the hybrids add more color cuz the color can be like a mixture

You bred Clown Loaches in captivity? Are you sure? As its never been done (or reported) without hormone intervention....

The fact that you posted this leads me to believe you are mixing up your fish?

Your not doing the best for your fish, so you should probably re-home any you "don't want to thrive". You shouldent keep an animal unless your going to let it thrive IMO :sick:.

And I'm afraid either your mixing up clown loaches with livebearers, mistaken about breeding them, or come across a great break-through in captive fish breeding that should be big news in all the magazines right now...;). They are usually bred by injecting them with hormones through a needle.

Corys are shoaling fish so you'd be best to swap out the clown loaches for more panda corys and also cardinal tetras :good:.

Otherwise yes your overstocking, not through too many fish, but by choosing unsuitable fish.

1 right now I have only 1 clown loach
2 my friend has like 15 he took them all when he moved
3 we did inject them with hormones

What hormones might they be? People here would find it very interesting to hear more about Clown Loach breeding as its not very common. Also the fact that you grew them to 12 inches, which even in the wild can take up to 6/7 years or more.

More info plx!

So what your saying here is that you bred clown loaches in just a 30gal and a 100gal, by injecting them with hormones via needle?
How were you raising the fry, how long did it take them to grow to $10 worth?

This all sounds a bit strange...

Man, if I kept a German Shepard in a crate made suitable for a guinea pig, I would go to jail. Why are there no laws against this when it comes to fish?

No animal should be kept for "breeding and making money." They should be allowed to thrive. I hope you aren't a breeder near me. If you are in St. Louis, let me know who you are so I don't buy some stunted, damaged fish.

Good morning and welcome to the forum. Sorry to say, if you have clown loaches in a 30 gallon, it's way too small. Why don't you want your fish to thrive? Isn't that the goal as aquarium keepers? I suppose you would keep a goldfish in a little bowl too. :no:

Actually I wanted to get a 20 gallon tank for a pair of goldfish still do but decided against it

I'm in hawaii

And I said I'm not a breeder anymore I'm just a hobbyist now

Thats cool, care to answer any of the questions though? like i said, it would be very interesting. I have 10 clown loaches myself and think they are wicked little fish.

I really don't care if you are a breeder or a hobbiest. Either one, isn't our job as fish keepers to see our fish thrive? You can keep a puppy in a cage all of it's life and it will live...we call these puppy mills, but they won't thrive. They won't be happy. For some reason, I just can't get past that one statement. If you don't want your fish to thrive, why keep them?

+1! think someone may have guppies with orange and black tails!! i have a real problem with people who keep fish purely for breeding/viewing and don't give a d**n if they are happy and healthy.

1. your tank is too small for any clown loaches
2. shoaling fish (corys, tetras etc) should be kept in groups of 6+ to mimic natural behaviour
3. could you please post a pic of the clown loach you have so we can determine if it is actually a clown loach?

L :sad: :no: :(

It's orangey light color of orange it's a juvenile only 2 inches long has 3 black stripes and a red tail

And my friend didn't care about the fish I did but he was spending all the money I was just helping him so he didn't give a **** what I said

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back