Oscar Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stlrsfan

Reaction score
I have a 45 gallon tank, which is higher than it is longer. I'm looking for more things to add in my tank but not sure where to start. I put in a few small live plants once and the Oscar ate it rather quickly!

Right now I have a medium sized castle on the right and a large orange and white rock on the left. I have one large fake plant centered in between the two.

Since the tank is so high, the top half seems kind of blank. Are there any plants that can be added that will decorate the tank better, and maybe add a few hiding spots?

Not sure where to start, maybe you guys can offer some opinions!

(it's a 45high tank with an internal Fluval 404 and an external Eheim 2026)

Thanks!

*edit* Almost forgot. I know a 45 is too small for the large Oscar, I'm in the process of moving him to a 75 gallon and leaving a medium sized Oscar in the 45 for a period. I had a few problems lately with my tanks lately: Tank Replacement

Why not look for a tall piece of driftwood as a centerpiece??

This would add a bit of "natural" aquascaping to the tank. You could lso get some rocks (from the LFS) and make rockpiles and maybe use some slate against them to form small caves for you fish to swim in and out of.

Just a note* As you found out oscar's and live plant's do not mix. Pretty much any SA/CA species as well as a good number of African cichlids will make short work of them.

Also remember.....if they don't eat them they will simply uproot them during one of their many digging forrays!!

Cichlids just love to dig!!!!

CM

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back