Orca Tl550 Journal

Hmmm after a few tests mag and calcium are slightly low so added some buffers

Heres my new Torch looks a bit upset but I have nt long added Mag and Calcium

Was very impressed with the red mushrooms but I am full on mushrooms atm not sure what the other one is called but love the colors on it :)

Attachments

• DSC01286.JPG
    DSC01286.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01260.JPG
    DSC01260.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC01261.JPG
    DSC01261.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 117
My Calcium and Mag are still a little low i am adding buffers to bring them up trying not to add to much at once.

My Sun Coral seems miffed also as I cannot catch it open at all now to feed it really want to move this into the 18" cube to give it the TLC it deserves.

Also have a sulking trumpet never been as good as some of the others I have seen this will also be moved to the 18" cube to see if I can make it happier.

My softies are having a little terrortital fights have a yuma trying to sit on top of some Zoas nothing I can do about this will just have to let nature take its course. (might try and move one of them)

And one of my clowns still has black marks on her/him but swiming and feeding well (I think rabbut said that it is due to trying to host in a torch) will resolve itself when mucsus builds up.

Great work! its looking really cool morri! BTW, i dont know if you have tried this, but i have read that feeding sun corals at exactly the same time every night helps, as they will soon start to open, expecting the food. Then, after you fatten them up so that its healthy, try to wean it into feeding in the day time :)
Hope this helps!
Finlay
:cool:

Mag upto 1320 getting there slowly hopefully will be 1350+ on the weekend.

Bad news lost one of my clowns he/she had black spots on there body but seemed fine luckily the body was easy to remove. Have checked all stats all ok apart from my constant battle with Nitrates I do have a reactor but still need to build the frame for it but the LED work is taking all my spare time.

I have had nothing but bad luck with clowns I will avoid in the future I only added as the wife wanted them.

Spotted this in SWM could not resist.

Attachments

• Acan.JPG
    Acan.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 124
just read all 7 pages. Awesome tank and only 3 months old. Mine's coming around on 2 months but you have way more stuff in yours already... AND mine's a 90 gallon.

Money's tight, and corals are expensive though, so everything i get is tiny tiny frags.

+1 to teh FTS.

Thanks corals are nt cheap for sure but I do tend to go for the smaller frags tank is a little to full atm will be moving some to the 18" cube

Attachments

• DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 143
Very nice looking tank. I miss the growth I got from my PC lighting on my 24g. Since changing to the halide the growth rates have just 'hit a wall' and my coraline algae has all gone white!! It is really bizarre; the only benefits to the halide are my clams are still alive. Hopefully if the Money Cowrie work on the Caulerpa then I can have a shift around and get PCs back on the 24g and move the halide to my 200l setup. I managed to get some more live rock which is incidently gorgeous; very porous and interesting shapes too. This should allow me to get some Acropora, montipora and stylophora... exciting times

Anyway you keep up the excellent work and keep us infromed ;) !!

Kindest regards

Joe

hey Morri your tank looks amazing mate i have literally been a obsessed nutter reading every possilble thread regarding the 550 as i have just bought one and it should be here tomo, so ill be definatly asking you questions as would love my tank to look as good as yours its definatley the best 550 i seen so far!

hey Morri your tank looks amazing mate i have literally been a obsessed nutter reading every possilble thread regarding the 550 as i have just bought one and it should be here tomo, so ill be definatly asking you questions as would love my tank to look as good as yours its definatley the best 550 i seen so far!

Thanks I have shut this one down now and moved everything into my new tank but definatly one of the best tanks to learn on :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back