One Of My Discus Is Swimming Funny.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
when i got home from work today one of my albino discus was swimming pointing towards the substrate, 3 hours later its not changed...... normally this fish is very active and feeds well and even bullies the other fish trying to be the dominant discus. now it seems to be struggling to even stay upright! ive had the fish for over a month with no problems until today. all the other fish are fine.
does anyone have experience with this?
ive done a water change but dont know what else to do as ive never had this before with any fish......

i think your discus has struggled with some problems. i had this same problem few months ago and finally i found that it has faced fungus problem...

Sounds like a swimbladder thing. Could be due to a few things. Constupation being one, Bactiera, rough handleing/ fight. If it is not better in a day I would try a Pea. Do not feed for 3 days then Take the skin off a cooked pea and drop it in. make sure he gets one. feed the pea only for the next 2-3 days then Nothing for a day. This should flush out his system. You might have to feed him peas again.

If the pea does not work you could try Epsom salt.

hi matt i also bought 9 discus from the same place as you, they didnt come in good condition and have been treating ever since. i dont no if its a similar thing but 2 of mine would sit above the sand with there face pointing down and rarely swimming. one of them also had a fungus and finrot, what ever med i used did not work and that one died but the other one who just sat there face down lived, he was very dark in colour tho.

on a side note i no u picked ur up but wot colour was the water yours came in, mine was yellow.

i treated mine with myxazin and hes so much better, i guess it doesnt have any other marks/symptoms on it

i treated the tank with wormerplus and anti internal bacteria last night, just got home and the fish is fine as if nothing happened....!

hi matt i also bought 9 discus from the same place as you, they didnt come in good condition and have been treating ever since. i dont no if its a similar thing but 2 of mine would sit above the sand with there face pointing down and rarely swimming. one of them also had a fungus and finrot, what ever med i used did not work and that one died but the other one who just sat there face down lived, he was very dark in colour tho.

on a side note i no u picked ur up but wot colour was the water yours came in, mine was yellow.

i treated mine with myxazin and hes so much better, i guess it doesnt have any other marks/symptoms on it
Hi, i did pick mine up and most of the storage tanks the fish were in were yellow. i asked about it and was told it was a med put in to prevent any secondary infections etc caused from alot of fish in a small space/fighting etc etc. one of mine had a damaged fin but its recovering ok now...
i would still buy again from Simon, but i can go and choose my fish as its only 45 mins away :good: in fact i was meant to go sunday and get a couple more but as ive treated my tank i may have to put it on hold for a week :angry:

exellent for your discus, wot internal bacteria treatment did you use with the wormer plus, im going to order sum for mine just to make sure that they are 100%

exellent for your discus, wot internal bacteria treatment did you use with the wormer plus, im going to order sum for mine just to make sure that they are 100%
i just used interpet NO 9 anti internal bacteria, whenever ive used it in the past it seems to have done well :good:

read this link that how to cure from fungus disease...
http://discusfishcaresecrets.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-cure-discus-fish-from-fungus.html

read this link that how to cure from fungus disease...
http://discusfishcaresecrets.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-cure-discus-fish-from-fungus.html
Hi discuslover, ive had a quick search for the Azoo treatment and can only find it in tablet form.... is this the same thing?

have you used it with success before?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back