Olympic Gold

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mr130gallon

Fish Addict
Reaction score
im surprised no one has made a topic about the olympics yet, but i guess most of you are british, and the brits dont seem to do so well in winter olympics.

so thoughts about the olympics?

i say its obvious Canada will get most gold, as they have 13 gold as i write this and germany has the second most at 10. the usa has most medals, but who wants bronze or silver, GOLD is where its at!

GO CANADA!!!!!

just watched that 30km cross, what a finish! that pole well deserved that gold. gutted for the finn, 3 golds and missed out on #4, still 3 gold a silver and a bronze isnt to be sneezed at...

im surprised no one has made a topic about the olympics yet, but i guess most of you are british, and the brits dont seem to do so well in winter olympics.

i say its obvious Canada will get most gold, as they have 13 gold as i write this and germany has the second most at 10. the usa has most medals, but who wants bronze or silver, GOLD is where its at!

GO CANADA!!!!!
lol we have 1 gold thanks which is 1 more than we were expecting
anyway how did the mens alpine skiing go for you how many golds out of your 14 did you get for that
you better hope and prey that usa dont beat you at ice hockey AGAIN

GO CANADA!!!!!

yep, one gold. but, as a country that has no, significant, annual snow fall. one is good. the so called "winter sports" simply are not on the agenda, any time, to most British people. those who do enjoy them, do it via the money they have, not love for the sports.

even so, board cross, ski cross and all the sliding events, made for, great entertaining TV. all the "flat ice" sports board me stiff. i still think ice hocky would be way better if the made them all ware tu tu's. :hyper: and "ice dance", give me a break, SPORT? :hey:

The countries that do best in the winter games are always the ones with plenty of winter to practice and mountains to ski in. So many events amount to skiing or working in the cold that places having those elements have a definite advantage. Does anyone remember Eddie the eagle from the UK trying his best to be a ski jump competitor? It was obvious that he had never even tried to jump before the games but he was competing. Another classic was the Jamaican bobsled team. The games I have actually enjoyed watching were the curling games. It looks to be a game of skill and strategy rather than an all-out speed competition like so many others. Canada has done well in that area too with a silver for the women and a gold for the men but nobody plays that game outdoors anywhere in the world. It is played on an indoor rink like figure skating is. What it takes to get competitive is the desire to compete and the infrastructure being available for people to learn the game. It is probably something we will continue to see only having participants from cold climates because in those places people can move from the fun they already associate with ice to a new sport using the same basic technology.

GO CANADA!!!!!
anyway how did the mens alpine skiing go for you how many golds out of your 14 did you get for that

i hope we dont lose to them again. that would be super embarrassing, but steve yzerman made a crappy team, like pronger, nydimyer, morrow, and brodeur? where is st. louis, stamkos, green, and why didnt loungo start for all the games?

if we lose i blame it on yzerman

GO CANADA!!!!!

i hope we dont lose to them again. that would be super embarrassing, but steve yzerman made a crappy team, like pronger, nydimyer, morrow, and brodeur? where is st. louis, stamkos, green, and why didnt loungo start for all the games?

if we lose i blame it on yzerman
yeah but what about crosby stils and nash lol musicians on ice

I must admit that I've found all the events to be watchable and enjoyable. Much more so than the summer games were 60% or so is crap as far as entertainment goes.

lol, i heard from a friend, it could be false as i am very gullible, that there is bowling in th summer olympics, and there is speed walking as well... is it true? it sounds very lame to me...

lol, i heard from a friend, it could be false as i am very gullible, that there is bowling in th summer olympics, and there is speed walking as well... is it true? it sounds very lame to me...
i aint seen no bowlin but there is speed walking defo
close this hockey game

Speed walking despite looking retarded is actually a very skill intensive sport.

close this hockey game

i know, as soon as the americans got their second goal, i wanted to punch an american in the face super hard, i cant believe how fast my pulse is...

close this hockey game

i know, as soon as the americans got their second goal, i wanted to punch an american in the face super hard, i cant believe how fast my pulse is...
crosby had an average game untill it counted then did some magic

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back