Oh Poop. My 3d Backgrounds...

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I bought 2 juwel backgrounds (the rockery type) which would nicely fill the width of my new tank, only the new tank has a thing with 3 slats and the backgrounds don't fit inbetween the slats, so I have to cut them :sad:
 
It's a 4ft so I bought 2 x 2ft backgrounds but with 3 slats, it's not working out
 
You didn't realise that before you bought them? :lol:

Can you not just cut them and fit them in? Sexy collage background. :hyper:
 
If I cut them horizontally in half to make 6 pieces that I refit once they fit into the lid bit, will I make a total hash of it and waste £40!?
 
How solid are the jewel backgrounds? Will it bend enough to fit it through the hole?

If you do cut it i would do it vertically rather than horizontally so they stack up like this IIIIII rather than ===. If you cut it horizontally i can see the top half falling off one day.
 
How solid are the jewel backgrounds? Will it bend enough to fit it through the hole?

If you do cut it i would do it vertically rather than horizontally so they stack up like this IIIIII rather than ===. If you cut it horizontally i can see the top half falling off one day.

They are pretty solid, they won't bend, they will just snap. I am sooooo piddled off about all this fuss in the name of gawjus aquariumness!
 
i had to do the same, best way is to cut them as best you can and in the largest peices you can to reduce the "cut" marks you get. but once its done add a few tall plants to help cover the joints and it looks like nothing ever happened in there.
 
I've had that problem before, just cut them and they'll be fine...it's a hurdle to get over but hardly a show stopper.
 
I've had that problem before, just cut them and they'll be fine...it's a hurdle to get over but hardly a show stopper.

:P it IS a showstopper *flail and whinge* because nothing is ever simple is it :fun:
 
I had the same problem in my 125 tank luckily cut one small and the large piece i had to bend it slightly to get it in luckily didnt snap or break in any way just popped in straight was well chuffed and the small piece the edge or join is hidden behind plants once in though look really good over the moon with mine,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top