Now Here's A Success Story For Ya......

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
My wife was out on some family bussiness and returned today.....I sent her a message on the mobile to get me some fish along the road (as my little town has none) & the list included...... 6 x Angels, 6 x Bristle nose, 6 x Kribensis, 6 x Corries of any description but preferably Albinos, 6 x Severum, and 10 x Congos or any Boesemani........She just arrived back home with 2 Kribs, having stopped at 5 different pet stores in cities she passed through along the way...... That's all she could get out of my list.......

Anybody want to enquire about the availability of fish in South Africa..... There's ye're proof..... How can I remain motivated to get ahold of breeding stocks??......
 
Well thats a bit of a bummer Lud, is there no such things as fish delivery companies over there? You would imagine you could get some pretty good fish from that area of the world.
 
Well thats a bit of a bummer Lud, is there no such things as fish delivery companies over there? You would imagine you could get some pretty good fish from that area of the world.

Ye know... I can probably write to some company in the USA & ask to send me what I need, but I think these will be subject to quarintine periods etc. etc. that at the end of the day it's not worth it.... I'm not sure what to do....
 
Heck of a long way for them to come and your right quarantine would apply - you need to find an underground fish black market :)
 
wow unlucky you, can you not ask them in the fish shops to order in fish that you would like?]

is there others on here from south africa?
where do you live in s/africa>i have a friend at work from s/africa will ask him tomm where abouts,
his cousin has a fish farm which he stocked to the hilt with piranha, that was 1.5years ago, let me ask if he knows of anywhere anyone
 
wow unlucky you, can you not ask them in the fish shops to order in fish that you would like?]

is there others on here from south africa?
where do you live in s/africa>i have a friend at work from s/africa will ask him tomm where abouts,
his cousin has a fish farm which he stocked to the hilt with piranha, that was 1.5years ago, let me ask if he knows of anywhere anyone

Strange.... As I know it, Piranahs are only allowed with licence, and as I have it, the Pretoria zoo is the only current valid licence in S.A.

I live in the northen regions in Thabazimbi (300km from Pretoria and Johannesburg) - where the only reasonable markets are.... Will appreciate if you could ask this friend, cause I'm desperate.. (I have at least 25 tanks disconnected currently looking to be stocked due to this dilemma!!
 
hehe yep forgot to add he was stuck with them because of the licence laws,,,,he asked if i could find away to sell them here but i dont know about the shipping laws and was to busy to get to involved, yep he should be at work tommorow
 
i asked on another fish forum, and someone who lives in s/africa siad
"Man thats far from anything, our lfs's are few and far between. His best bet is to go to joburg or pretoria and either have the fish store fill the bags with oxygen or get a battery powered air pump...
 
i asked on another fish forum, and someone who lives in s/africa siad
"Man thats far from anything, our lfs's are few and far between. His best bet is to go to joburg or pretoria and either have the fish store fill the bags with oxygen or get a battery powered air pump...

Nelly,.... Thanks for all the trouble you're going through, but packing is not as much a problem as getting there.... Ye know!!... it's a 600km round trip for me to just get the fish... Now at the local petrol price down here and driving a 4litre Ford Fairmont....... They'll have ta breed 17 times before I can call it quits, and then also the market to get rid of the babies.... (I think I'm gonna cry)
 
Heck of a long way for them to come and your right quarantine would apply - you need to find an underground fish black market :)

Any suggestions minx????. I'm prepared to try that avenue.......

Hmmm now if I knew any honchos in the black market trade I would be happy to pass on the info, unfortunatley Im clueless but should I run into any on my travels in the UK black country I'll get back to you :hey: :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top