Now Here's A Success Story For Ya......

Hi Ludwig,

If i were in your situation, i would do a search and google and try and contact as many of the wholesale fish suppliers you can and ask them if they supply to South Africa. If they do, ask if they can email you a list of the retail outlets they stock. At least you will be able to give these people a call and see if any arrangements can be made.
 
Can the fish shops in joburg or pretoria not post to you ludwig? How long does it take for a first class package to arrive from one or the other?

Given how much stock you intend to buy I'd think any shop with stock would be willing to post.
 
Can the fish shops in joburg or pretoria not post to you ludwig? How long does it take for a first class package to arrive from one or the other?

Given how much stock you intend to buy I'd think any shop with stock would be willing to post.

Ye know??.... I do not have a local airport down here to fly them down, but we do have a Courier service that promises overnight delivery...... Now maybe,...... if I can convince one of those big stores to Courier....... Now why did'nt I think of that??
 
Because I'm much smarter than you :P

Just kidding mate, I've no illusions about the endless depths of my stupidity.

Let us know how it goes. Probably obvious to say (and sorry if I'm being patronising) but the promise of a large up front order and the emphasising the probability of future big orders will probably go a long way. Donald duck isn't the only one who can have dollar signs spinning around his eyes...
 
Because I'm much smarter than you :P

Just kidding mate, I've no illusions about the endless depths of my stupidity.

Let us know how it goes. Probably obvious to say (and sorry if I'm being patronising) but the promise of a large up front order and the emphasising the probability of future big orders will probably go a long way. Donald duck isn't the only one who can have dollar signs spinning around his eyes...

Should that not read "Unca Ludwig the drake" or was it "Unca Scrooge"??..... Donalds' uncle or something?????
 
In November, Biulu has promised to "smuggle" in some Killifish eggs for me, (which I appreciate), but being impatient as I am... Can not someone just drop a teaspoon full of Panchax eggs in an envolope and post it to me..... I'm sure they'll survive and I can have them sooner at my local Post Office.....
 
good luck LV,

hope you have luck with those people and get some decent fish in.
 
And there, one of the 2 Kribs that she could get hold of, pegs on me in the morning.......Very tempted to just pull the plug in the garage, forget that I ever kept fish & sulk for the rest of my days....
 
Keep your chin up mate, it'll be worth it when you do manage to get a decent supplier.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top