New Tank Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Frogbit has very long roots. They reach down and trail on the bottom of my main tank so that I have to trim them every week.

I've recently got some red root floater and that seems to be doing well in my shrimp tank.

This is what the frogbit in the shrimp tank looked like a couple of moths ago - this is a 30 cm cube to give you some idea of scale
frogbit.JPG

And this is the frogbit in my 180 litre tank which has more bioload per litre than the shrimp tank
Frogbit in main tank.jpg

I agree it already looks lovely!! If you are wanting to change something, I would add some floating plants and then some taller plants in that back left corner. Maybe some water sprite?

I'm a fan of all floating plants, even duck weed in the right situation.

I have all of them and they all work in the setting I use them in, although red root floaters and frogbit are my favourite.

My largest betta fish would disagree, he likes Riccia Fluitans and has claimed that as his plant. I've got it confined with a small floating ring so it doesn't spread too far.

I agree it already looks lovely!! If you are wanting to change something, I would add some floating plants and then some taller plants in that back left corner. Maybe some water sprite?
Thank you very much :)
I think the plants that I have in the left corner are meant to grow taller
Frogbit has very long roots. They reach down and trail on the bottom of my main tank so that I have to trim them every week.

I've recently got some red root floater and that seems to be doing well in my shrimp tank.

This is what the frogbit in the shrimp tank looked like a couple of moths ago - this is a 30 cm cube to give you some idea of scale
View attachment 136388

And this is the frogbit in my 180 litre tank which has more bioload per litre than the shrimp tank
View attachment 136389
I’m not a huge fan of the long roots. Do Bettas like that though? I think I bought some and the roots were brown and a bit rotten. It made my tank look dirty. They look so nice on top though!
i have these small ones (I don’t know what they’re called) but literally only a tiny clump of them and for some reason they just refuse to grow. How can I make then grow?

I think the plants that are in the back left corner are meant to grow taller so I’m just waiting on them to grow tall but I would like to add some more tall ones there. Maybe a few reddish ones to break up the green

I think the plants that are in the back left corner are meant to grow taller so I’m just waiting on them to grow tall but I would like to add some more tall ones there. Maybe a few reddish ones to break up the green
Oooooo that would be lovely! Red Ludwigia looks very nice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back