New scape - what do you think?

How many Shellies are you planning for? I think you may need more shells than you have as I believe most require about 5 shells each.

Beautiful shells 👍🏻 have you decided on the species yet? What did you find at Wharfs? I wonder if those shells will stay where you want them, I have a feeling the fish may do some redecorating!
I've not been yet might be a few weeks before I can go get fish - probably want to let plants settle and establish too so might be a while. I think I'm set on Brevis but Ornatipinnis and one or two others are interesting too.
How many Shellies are you planning for? I think you may need more shells than you have as I believe most require about 5 shells each.
I've got 12 shells and planning for hopefully just one pair, but possibly two could work.
You could get some different varieties of shells for contrast since the ones you got were so expensive.
I think 12 should be ok but I do have some of these that I got a while ago - for comparison these were £2.50 for 10 shells and the Tanganyikan ones were about £40 for 10 (they gave me 2 free).

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 09.59.33.png

Next step is to get the tank planted with Valis Nana and some terrestrial plants at the surface - light should arrive soon, hopefully next week so thats what its all hinging on at the moment.

Wills

Most reactions

Back