New Project - Barb Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ny82

1 Woman Army ;)
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I picked up another steal of the century. A marina 95L tank. Think that's about 20 gallons. The only problem was I had to take the 3 tiger barbs. I have never seen tiger barbs this big before 
blink.png
I was wanting rams but if I like these barbs then I will up the numbers and maybe get the albino ones too. That's an afterthought.

So this is where it gets complicated. The fluval U2 filter was taken out my 30L and put into my 64L. The powerful aquael filter is upto 150L. It was my landladys filter for her tank for the last 2 years, she switched to external, so that's in my new tank. I have a fluval mini for the 30L tank. Keeping up? lol. 
So here it is.

image_zps4f708487.jpg

image_zps24773b68.jpg

A bit bare but everything takes time! Will gradually plant it out. 
good.gif

The barbs have been sitting in the 64L for about 3 hours. Time to let them out!

Lucky you! :D

You may be best off rehoming the tiger barbs. They are better behaved in big groups (for example, I have 12) as when kept in small groups they may show aggression and fin nipping towards the other fish. I would expect a 90l to be a little too small for a big group, even if you don't have any other fish in there.

What are your plans for stocking? Are you moving existing fish into this one or starting anew?

Sounds fun :) One thing though is that tank level? The water seems higher on the right than the left?

Wills

wow nice tank 95L should be good enough for at least 8 love the little guys i have around 13 in my tank thats 330l but i would recommend getting more over time 

good work cant wait to see more of this tank when you cram it with stuff 

Thanks everyone. The barbs are out they don't have much to explore yet! I think I have 1 male and 2 females. The huge one is like a balloon so she's definitely a girl!

image_zps3a2f7eb5.jpg

They are on the right. 

I think it's the way I take the pictures with my phone. My other tanks looked like that too!
I really don't know what I want to do with it yet. I do love rams but from what I was reading they are quite fragile. Throw some suggestions at me as I am really stuck!

Good for you Nylah... love the black substrate.

awww, they're weeny! 

If you decide you like the barbs and want to keep them (I love mine!) then you could have a species only tank of 10-12 and see how they go?

Thanks Pete. It had to be the black! My other 2 are black too!
Jen the biggest one is about an inch but she's so round!

Yes I think I would go for a barb tank too :)

And fill your water up :D

I do like the albino. Maybe get 2 more of the tigers and 5 of the albino then would I be at my limit? These 3 are so comical to watch! If I hadn't been given the barbs it was going to be either a pair of rams or a shoal or embers, a shoal or platinum and a shoal of black widow tetras!
Now I am stuck lol!

So I have upped the number of tigers to 5. The 2 tiny ones have integrated into the shoal with no problems. I also picked up 6 cherry barbs as I love their colour! I also added plants today. I will see how it goes now before adding to the plants.
Will put up a pic in a minute!

Looks great!  Needs a backing!
What are those plants on the right hand side?
The filter looks surprisingly small for the tank is that the Aquael?
Love the wood

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back