New Nano Tank- Stocking Ideas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BecciMac1987

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok after previous disaster I have decided not to give up!
Got a 30litre nano with 5 kg live rock.
What shall I stock it with?
I want a fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, sexy shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs, would this be ok?
Also Id like a fish or two-is this possible?
How about a starfish, and are there any other cool little critters I can have running around in there?
Obv dont want to overload cuz of the tiny water volume.
Help would be great!

off the top of my head, i can name only a handful of fish that you could have one of in that tank, let alone 2

starfish? definitely not (apart from micro brittle stars)

a cleaner shrimp will dominate a tank that size as it grows and 1 fire shrimp will hide a lot

how about looking for a small mantis shrimp?

Its kinda annoying how LFS give you completely different advice, I was told I could have any number of inverts + starfish, along with 2 clowns! I worry about people who dont use sites like this one...
Yeah I had a fire shrimp before and he did hide a lot, but was my fav thing in there. So could I put him and a mantis shrimp then?
Thanks for your help.

mantis nom nom nom nom shrimpy... nom nom nom haha

Any inverts or fish you put in with a mantis will end up as a meal or mortaly injured. Many people happen to get these guys as hitchhikers and when things start ending up missing, it can be accounted to a mantid species or a large carnivorous crab. But a couple people keep them as a single specimen and it is the focal point of the tank. Many have very stunning colors :good:

Wow BecciMac, glad to see your keeping faith! I don't know much about stocking sw yet so I can't help you there. Good Luck :good:

A mantis would be great :good: Not too hot on species though...
You coudl try a lil clown goby, even though im not keen on keepign fish in such a small tank :S

Yeah Im not sure about a fish in this small a tank either. And I dont want a miserable fish :-( May just stick to getting a tank full of little critters. Will this keep the water condition better?

no fish is deffinitly gonna keep water params better

if you want a fish maybe a neon or clown goby?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back