New Guppies And Platys

JillianMFord

Reaction score
I've just restocked my tank with new male and female guppies and platys, and so far they seem happy with the lone guppy male and the four Creamsicle mollies I had from my original setup. I want them to breed and be happy, so how do I make this happen?

Tank size is 55 gallons. Current water temperature is 79 degrees Fahrenheit. Water changes every month. The tank now has nine guppies (five females, four males) four Creamsicle mollies (three males, one female, had more but had to sell them when I moved, these were gifted back to me along with a male guppy as an unintended ride-along) two sunset Mickey Mouse platys (female) a blue Mickey Mouse platy (male) and a male Betta, plus innumerable Malaysian trumpet snails.

You don't have to do anything, livebearers will breed like rabbits. Also, you should have more female mollies than males or your female may get stressed out from being chased all the time.

Please keep an eye on your betta, usually guppies will nip at them or the betta will nip the guppies. I'd also up your water changes to once a week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back