New Fish Odd Behavior

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Erricarashae

Reaction score
I just got new fish. They are neon fish. Get up to a foot long but small now. Aggressive. But they said you can get a differentiation of the same species which at the store were in the same tank. I got two neon fish and two smaller striped ones. Floated them and put them into a 30 gallon tank. One started like seizing then swimming while on its side then it floated to the bottom. It isn't moving a lot and stays at the bottom. And all 3 other fish have been like laying on it like close and messing with it. What can I do.

If you have a quarantine tank then I would recommend putting it in one and monitoring it just in case it is sick. I don't really know much about these fish so hopefully someone else will come along and help you out some more, but my advice is just separating it from the others and monitoring it! :)

Also could please add a picture. :)

Was your tank cycled? Or what neon fish did you have? Maybe they were dyed or something? Tell me more details!

Sounds like it's been shocked by different conditions in your tank to what it was used to, that or the stress of the move was too much for it.

Let us know more about your set up, what exactly are these fish and what size tank and kit are you running, plus tell us about your water.

Maybe it just wasnt acclimated properly! Tell us more info if you want us o help!

If it was floated in the bag and not acclimated to the conditions in your tank by dripping tank water into the bag, the differences in water chemistry could have shocked it. It may or may not make it. A photo would be nice to see what kind of fish this is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back