New C121's!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oatfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just got 6 C121's and they are great :wub: ! They were just labelled "corys" in the lfs, so got 6 for £19 - is this price right? i thought they were adolfoi but I am pretty convinced they are C121 now. I just love them! Will post some pics soon, They are a 180 litre tank in water pH 7 with low hardness (need to double check this!) with an apisto pair and some diamond and neon tetras - will they be ok kept like this? Thanks! :D

Hi Everyone, I just got 6 C121's and they are great :wub: ! They were just labelled "corys" in the lfs, so got 6 for £19 - is this price right? i thought they were adolfoi but I am pretty convinced they are C121 now. I just love them! Will post some pics soon, They are a 180 litre tank in water pH 7 with low hardness (need to double check this!) with an apisto pair and some diamond and neon tetras - will they be ok kept like this? Thanks! :D

121s and adolfois are easily distiguishable, the 121s will have a clear covering over their gills so it gives them the look of blushing all the time adolfois do not have the clear gills. I was looking at getting some 121s myself as soon as I get the tank space and money. They are lovely fish and a great find. :good:

The Cories should be ok with most appistos, and if the diamonds are the small variety of neons, they should all do well together in a soft water tank. Don't know about the tank size.

Be sure they all have cover. The appistos need one cave a piece with the entrances facing away from each other, and the Cories need something to hide under. The Tetras need taller plants to dodge around.

The Cories should be ok with most appistos, and if the diamonds are the small variety of neons, they should all do well together in a soft water tank. Don't know about the tank size.

Be sure they all have cover. The appistos need one cave a piece with the entrances facing away from each other, and the Cories need something to hide under. The Tetras need taller plants to dodge around.

Great, thanks for that info. They are currently in a 180 litre tank and so far the apistos (only one pair) have totally ignored them, so hopefully they will be ok... It's quite heavily planted with fine gravel subsrate, but I heard that C121's can be sensitive so just wanted to get it right! Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back