New Butterfly Koi

Guppy Mama

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just got a really pretty white butterfly koi. It appears to be healthy and normal, but I have a question.

Do butterfly koi fins have the appearance of feathery ends? I ask because on his fins theends seperate out into slightly seperate out the way the sides of a feater do. It is not that way on the tail or dorsal fin, so I am wondering if that is normal. It is very slight, and flowy, but I donidn't know if they usually do this.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

This can be the case, my large BK has fins as you describe it is just down to the bloodline usually. However, if the fish appears sick or un well in any way it is down to something else, but if he is feeding and swimming normally he should be fine. :)

Thank you very much! He eats and swims around all day. He's so neat looking. I am glad it's probably ok because it looks so flowy. Thanks, again, I am going to go look at your fish gallery!

Guppy Mama said:
Thank you very much! He eats and swims around all day. He's so neat looking. I am glad it's probably ok because it looks so flowy. Thanks, again, I am going to go look at your fish gallery!
Good to hear, unfortunatly I haven't any pics of my Koi or Coldwaters fish as I want to take them in the summer when all the plants etc are looking good. :) Hope you like the tropicals though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back