New-born Baby Ferrets

Reaction score
Here's a batch of ferrets that where born at my ferret rescue in Lincolnshire this year! Soo cute!

1 Day! We only lost 2 during birth!

DSC00370.jpg

1 Week! Growing Fur! Lost 3 now - thankfully that's all we lost!

DSC00375.jpg

2 Weeks! They sure grow fast these ferrets! Cute as can be now!

DSC00403.jpg

1 Month! Feeding Well! As you can see!

DSC00431.jpg

2 Months! Nearly all grown up and exploring the world!

DSC00444.jpg

Cute aren't they! Bless em'!

ooooo ! That last piccie gets a vote for POTM ! :wub:
they are wayyyyyy to cute !

Glad you got your second nomination! Thanks for posting these. Very cool to see them go from those tiny little babies to grown up and ready to explore!

The last pic is also my favorite. The cute looks on their faces :wub:

Oh my these are so sweet. When you post a picture of ferrets you have won my heart. How many did she have at once. I was under the impression that they only had three or four. I would love them everyone of them.

Yeah, I should explain better. These are the babies of two jills (females). We get some ferrets in at the rescue that have been mis-treated and these came in with 4 hobs (males) and had been starved and left in a box at the side of the A15 in Lincolnshire :angry: - unfortunatley, the RSPCA could not gather enought evidence to prosecute. :-(
Usually we don't breed here at the rescue but these jills where far too pregnant to be terminated. We concentrated on getting the jills better before we concerned ourselves with their babies. But, after we got them back to health, about 3 days later one of them gave birth. (the two jills had been through so much together that we weren't going to split them up now, providing they accepted each others babies).
Anyway within a day the other Jill had given birth and we had loads of babies!
So you are right, they don't tend to have many kits (babies) at a time usually 3-6, but it can vary a lot.
So these babies have all found new homes (except one, which lives in my room with me, he he!!) and they are all doing fine as are their parents who have been turned around and are now fit and healthy and also have found new homes! :wub:

Really annoys me, and probably everyone else reading this, the way that people can treat animals. :angry:
But never mind, it happens and we have to live with it!
So there - there's the background to these cuties and their mums!

Hey there! Nice to see another ferret lover! You can't get much cuter and more comical than baby ferrets!
Practically all of my six are rescued, they make wonderful pets. I'm a member of the Hants and Berks ferret club and we are basically all about promoting ferret welfare and are affiliated with a local ferret rescue center. Keep up the good work with helping out the rescued ferrets!
A litter of 3 - 6 is normal, but I've known ferrets have litters of upto 14 kits at a time! When you see how small the jills are it's just incredible that they all fit in there! My two youngest sandy hobs were from a litter of 12 :S.
I definately think that the last picture is worth nomination! Such gorgeous little poley faces! ^_^

Ohhhh those are the cutest little things ever! I've never seen a baby ferret before. I'd love to have a ferret or two, myself, but I don't think that I could provide it a very happy life. I'm afraid that my 3 dogs and 2 cats would try to eat it.... But I wish. I love them. :wub:

Is their a good site to read about the care & upkeep of ferrets?

I always wanted one as a kid but was always told they bite & stink??

Is their a good site to read about the care & upkeep of ferrets?

I always wanted one as a kid but was always told they bite & stink??

How many animals do you know that don't bite? :D They're just like any other animal...if you don't treat them right, they'll get mean, but mostly they just chew like puppies (in my limited experience, anyway). I've heard that they stink, too...but then again...how many animals don't? :lol: They've got sort of an oily smell, and if you don't clean their litter regularly...well, you can imagine!

I just looked at those pictures again...and oh, those little faces are killing me! :wub: I've got to find a way to get one...and a way to convince my fiance that we need one! haha

awww, they are just the most adorable things. Look at them at two weeks!!!! *dies*
I've never seen a baby ferret before, either. I think I'm in love, I could carry one around in my coat pocket :)

Wuv if you ever got one, you would love them. I started out with one for my birthday and I winded up with six now. I would love to have that many more. I am a happy ferret mom, Good job with the babies and the mommies. I am glad to see people love animals as much as I do..

Good to see my pictures are creating an influence!!
Ferrets are the best pet to keep (no question!) - they are the most rewarding pets EVER! When ever we at Lincolnshire Ferret Rescue do P.R. events of television events we always describe ferrets as 'permanent kittens' - they never stop playing and are pets on demand because when you want them up - they'll be up. When you want them to sleep - they will!
They're not expensive either and tend to mix with other animals for a short while (cats will tend to stay out of ferrets way and dogs may not like ferrets, depends on the dog). If you visit My Webpage there is some useful information on there, there will be a place which tells you how to look after ferrets soon but you can find a lot of information about them on Google - just make sure you get them for the right reason and from the right place - do research first - my website has forum, like this one, where you can ask questions etc. - so check it out.
I have two ferrets that live in my room with me (Ellie + Amy!) - they wake me up every morning by licking my face to death! They are just amazing. Ferrets really are splendid - anyone with ferrets will tell you that! :rolleyes:
As for biting - they only bite if mis-treated or mis-handled (ferrets need about 2 hours attention a day) - but this is like any pet. Humans too get aggressive if they don't get what they want (so do my tetras! :shifty: )
As for smell - if you get them netured (a must, espically for girl ferrets) then they don't smell, espically no more than dogs or cats.
They are superb - they really are. I love having an active part in the rescue here in Lincolnshire! B)
Thanks for your nominations BTW for POTM! Thanks! I just hope you all vote for me!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back