New 29Gal Glass Aquarium.

Day 23 .50ppm ammonia, 1ppm nitrite, over 80ppm nitrates........do i still need to test for nitrates considering they are already almost maxed out

how much longer do i have in my tank cycling if my ammonia is droping from 5ppm to 1ppm in 24 hours and my nitrite is keeping up with keeping it at 1ppm. when i tested last night my ammonia was at 1ppm so i dosed back up to 5 and tonight i tested and it was 1ppm and last night nitrite was 1ppm and now 1ppm tonight

okay so i have a question. im to the point where im having to add ammonia every 24 hours cause its turning it to nitrites that fast but my question is is it bad that i dont have algea growth even tho my nitrates are of the charts

well i would like either some dwarf groumis for the middle or some angel fish, and for the bottom some Cory's and I don't know about the top. Or I could go with just some sort of a ciclid tank, or straight Cory's. I don't really like molly's, platys.

+1 on the Dwarf Gouramis! Your tank is too small for Angels anyway. Corries would be fine. A ll Gouramis go everywhere in the tank, especially Dwarf Gouramis from my experience.

You should get 1 male & 2 or 3 females. You could add a small schooling fish that isn't nippy and Corries are great in just about any tank. You should add at least 6 Corries too since they're a schooling fish.

oh my god beautiful tank ruskull so could you give me a number of schooling fish and what type please rember and take note please very cautious of 8.0 ph

Okay so water test showed 1ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite( shouldn't it be showing trace amounts by now??), 0ppm nitrate, and 8.0ph.

I also added a bubble stone today with a pump, that's pumping out at around 2800cc a minute.

So for stocking options I'm thinking 8 Cory's (Panda, Starbi, Emerald, Skunk). 1 male and 1 female of each species, and then 8 Guppies (or 12 if everyone thinks my 2 tetra internal whisper 10-30 can handle bio load with cory's cleaning some to). I wanna go with 4 Blue Cobra Guppies (1 male, 3 females), 4 Green Cobra Guppies (1 male, 3 females) and 4 Endler's Livebearers(1 male, 3 females). I think my ratio to males to females is correct??

Also on a different note ( and probably a stupid question). Could my tank take a full live stock as soon as I'm done cycling it with ammonia???

If you don't want baby Guppies you should only keep males & I would only keep 5 or so myself just because I would want some other fish in the community.

oh my god beautiful tank ruskull so could you give me a number of schooling fish and what type please rember and take note please very cautious of 8.0 ph

Hey, thanks for the compliment!

Dwarf Gouramis can be kept with Flame Tetras which are also known as Von Rio Tetras. They're fairly inexpensive & they tolerate a pH of 5.8 to 7.8 according to the fish compatibility site that I use. Their opinion is very conservative so they air on the safe side.

Here's a link:

http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/compatibility/index.php

idk if my lfs sales them

Bleeding Heart Tetras can deal with a pH of 8 and they're compatible. They get kinda nig though so I would only get 6 or 7 for your size tank.

Here's a good list from that site:

Search Results: The Dwarf Gourami should be kept in groups of 3 or more and is compatible with the Altum Angelfish, Angelfish, Bala Shark, Black Neon Tetra, Black Skirt Tetra, Bleeding Heart Tetra, Blind Cave Tetra, Bloodfin, Bosemani Rainbow, Buenos Aires Tetra, Chinese Algae Eater, Chinese High Fin, Clown Loach, Colombian Tetra, Congo Tetra, Croaking Gourami, Diamond Tetra, Dwarf Neon Rainbow, Emperor Tetra, Featherfin Squeaker, Flame Tetra, Gardneri Killifish, Glass Catfish, GloFish, Head-and-Tail-Light Tetra, Kissing Gourami, Kribensis, Kuhli Loach, Lemon Tetra, Molly, Pearl Gourami, Penguin Tetra, Platy, Pristella Tetra, Red Base Tetra, Red Eye Tetra, Rosy Barb, Rummynose Tetra, Serpae Tetra, Silver Dollar, Silver Hatchetfish, Silver Tip Tetra, Sparkling Gourami, Swordtail, Upsidedown Catfish, White Cloud, Zebra Danio,

okay so would 3 powder blue dwarf groumis , 6 skirt tetra's ( or a better number if adviced), and 8 panda cory's

Sounds good to me but I would make certain that the Dwarf Gouramis aren't all males! Very important to get the right mix.
:good:

I've heard that Black Skirt Tetras are very nice schooling fish too, although I've never kept them myself.

Black skirts can be nippy but other than sounds good.

Most reactions

Back