New 29Gal Glass Aquarium.

Day 30, last night i added 30ml of ammonia and by this morning at nine (12 hours later) my ammonia was at 0ppm, i didnt test nitrites idk why i just didnt but tonight I tested again at nine and 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite and well my nitrates are so high the red is almost a glowing ember color lol. well im gonna give it a few more days to see if this just a fluke but now im on to my last concern places to get fish, best places to get fish weather lfs, petsmart or out of state lfs

i think ive messed up my cycle by adding ammonia as soon as it dropped to zero which was 12 hours after i added it last normally i add it at 9:30pm so i checked the next day at 9:30am and added ammonia cause it was at zero now its no longer dropping in 12 hours its taking 24 hours and now and nitrites are not showing anything still 24 hours later im kinda upset now

okay so today i have some major issues with my cycling im pretty sure i killed everything (as far as bacteria)in my tank. Yesterday around 9:30am (twelve hours after testing) i checked my ammonia and nitrite, my ammonia was at 0ppm, my nitrite at 5ppm. So i figured it would be okay to add ammonia to get it back to 4 and so i did. when i tested at normal time (9:30pm) my ammonia hadnt dropped very much at all i think it was around 2 and i didnt check my nitrites. This morning i checked my ammonia and it was at .5 ammonia and nitrites at 0ppm and i retested to make sure this is accurate and it was. well for some reason something gave me a hint to look at my ph alert tab and it showed sometime between when i tested and when i looked at it i experianced a massive ph drop (8.0-6.2) can anyone please help and tell me whats up i did a massive water change to get ph back up and waiting till normal time to test at 9:30pm

Most reactions

Back