April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I plan on getting a 125-150 gallon tank and I will want to get bigger fish then I currently have to go in there. That issue with that is I have a school of neon tetras, 10 of them, and bigger fish might eat them. I currently have a 29 gallon tank that I plan on keeping for them. So my question is, how many of them could I fit in a 29 gallon tank if they are the only fish there? I would have some invertebrates too, like shrimp and snails.

So I plan on getting a 125-150 gallon tank and I will want to get bigger fish then I currently have to go in there. That issue with that is I have a school of neon tetras, 10 of them, and bigger fish might eat them. I currently have a 29 gallon tank that I plan on keeping for them. So my question is, how many of them could I fit in a 29 gallon tank if they are the only fish there? I would have some invertebrates too, like shrimp and snails.
I’d say about 20 you could keep in. 29g hate stocking especially with schooling fish just hard to say

Yes, a 29g is the perfect size for neon tetras. If i wasn’t moving soon, I would have about 20 in mine. :)

I think about 20 would be just right.
Yes, a 29g is the perfect size for neon tetras. If i wasn’t moving soon, I would have about 20 in mine. :)
I'd put between 17-22 of them. They are tiny fish, and they enjoy larger numbers. A 29 gallon would be plenty of room for them.
I’d say about 20 you could keep in. 29g hate stocking especially with schooling fish just hard to say
Okay that's what I was thinking. Thank You Guys!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back