What's new

Neolamprologus leleupi

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Beautiful! I had some back in the day - but they were very aggressive and I eventually sold them. I expected aggression, but usually with Africans if there is enough rock work and tank space they'll be OK - that was NOT my experience with these guys.

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Beautiful! I had some back in the day - but they were very aggressive and I eventually sold them. I expected aggression, but usually with Africans if there is enough rock work and tank space they'll be OK - that was NOT my experience with these guys.
I had African Cichlids and they were very aggressive,my daughter brought home 8 young adults from college that she rescued and in no time they took over my 55 gallon tank. I had to move all my other fish before they killed them. They only left my pleco alone. Then they had fry and in a year I had a tank full of them. I gave away over 50. Never had any cichlids after that. They were nice looking fish and it was interesting watching them a first .

DwarfCichlidLvr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had African Cichlids and they were very aggressive,my daughter brought home 8 young adults from college that she rescued and in no time they took over my 55 gallon tank. I had to move all my other fish before they killed them. They only left my pleco alone. Then they had fry and in a year I had a tank full of them. I gave away over 50. Never had any cichlids after that. They were nice looking fish and it was interesting watching them a first .
Try dwarf cichlids them. Much more manageable. lol

OP
emeraldking

emeraldking

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yes, they can be aggressive indeed. That's why these are housing with other very sturdy fish.
I love friendly fish but some aggressive fish is a good variaton in my collection. For the Yin-Yang feeling...

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am currently into shoal/schooling fish mainly small tetras and developing more of an interest in fancy guppies. When I first became interested in having fish over 30 years ago I was into everything like a kid in a candy store. I did not have all the knowledge I needed to raise some of the fish I had back then, still learning today.

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Yes, they can be aggressive indeed. That's why these are housing with other very sturdy fish.
I love friendly fish but some aggressive fish is a good variaton in my collection. For the Yin-Yang feeling...
I totally get it - I don't mind aggressive fish. I just prefer when the aggressive fish are aggressive sometimes, but can also be chill. That's why I mainly stick to dwarf cichlids - tons of personality, beauty and the occasional aggression without me living in fear of waking up to a bunch of dead fish.

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days