Neolamprologus leleupi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Short video of my Neolamprologus leleupi (Lamprologus leleupi). Scooped them out of the tank so I could film them outdoors.
I find this breed one of the more attractive Tanganyika cichlids there are. But of course, that's something personal.

Beautiful! I had some back in the day - but they were very aggressive and I eventually sold them. I expected aggression, but usually with Africans if there is enough rock work and tank space they'll be OK - that was NOT my experience with these guys.

Beautiful! I had some back in the day - but they were very aggressive and I eventually sold them. I expected aggression, but usually with Africans if there is enough rock work and tank space they'll be OK - that was NOT my experience with these guys.
I had African Cichlids and they were very aggressive,my daughter brought home 8 young adults from college that she rescued and in no time they took over my 55 gallon tank. I had to move all my other fish before they killed them. They only left my pleco alone. Then they had fry and in a year I had a tank full of them. I gave away over 50. Never had any cichlids after that. They were nice looking fish and it was interesting watching them a first .

I had African Cichlids and they were very aggressive,my daughter brought home 8 young adults from college that she rescued and in no time they took over my 55 gallon tank. I had to move all my other fish before they killed them. They only left my pleco alone. Then they had fry and in a year I had a tank full of them. I gave away over 50. Never had any cichlids after that. They were nice looking fish and it was interesting watching them a first .
Try dwarf cichlids them. Much more manageable. lol

Yes, they can be aggressive indeed. That's why these are housing with other very sturdy fish.
I love friendly fish but some aggressive fish is a good variaton in my collection. For the Yin-Yang feeling...

I am currently into shoal/schooling fish mainly small tetras and developing more of an interest in fancy guppies. When I first became interested in having fish over 30 years ago I was into everything like a kid in a candy store. I did not have all the knowledge I needed to raise some of the fish I had back then, still learning today.

Yes, they can be aggressive indeed. That's why these are housing with other very sturdy fish.
I love friendly fish but some aggressive fish is a good variaton in my collection. For the Yin-Yang feeling...
I totally get it - I don't mind aggressive fish. I just prefer when the aggressive fish are aggressive sometimes, but can also be chill. That's why I mainly stick to dwarf cichlids - tons of personality, beauty and the occasional aggression without me living in fear of waking up to a bunch of dead fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back