Need To Say Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake007

Me encanta cíclidos
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread, ya'll must be tired of seeing tons of threads from me, well this one is about the people on here -

I've seen so many time people make threads and post pictures of their tanks and then people forget about complimenting the OP but they start lecturing them about their stocking and such.
Or people start going off into different conversations with each other and hijacking the thread.
Please people I know you care for the fish but come on, people who ask questions or post pics of there tank just want you to help them with that particular thing, If they wanted you to start going off about their stocking they would of said so.
For example; the other day I asked a question about which cichlid can I have with my current fish, People started telling me about my other fish need more for them to shoal or so and so, and not even helping me with what I asked, Most people are aware of this but It just infuriates me sometimes when it happens,
Another example, someone posted about their fry, thought people would be interested, People started telling them how then need to go out and buy another tank right now! And Ignoring the fact that the person knows what their doing.

Im not talking about anyone personally just overall people need to think about certain things and how the OP might feel before they post, I myself have done this before so not blaming anyone in particular, this is a great forum and IMHO one of the best but some people can get carried away. - Whats your take on what ive said, do you agree or disagree?

i disagree, yes some threads can get side tracked but there normally around the same post, and most of the time the original question is answered + the person gets additional advice

Yeah I agree with u. Some of us do carried away going off topic etc and I think its not malicious but writing through a keyboard its hard to put any emotion in lol

I completely agree 100%. I find its the way people say it is the most annoying thing. People may have opinions, but they should keep it to themselves! :good:
Now you have made me need a rant! :lol:

I agree, i have been insulted on here before... recently actually...

I disagree personally. Members on here who have been keeping fish for a very long time obviously have the benefit of experience on their side and feel the need to share it. People should keep apropriate fish in apropriate tanks. It's only fair to the fish. Keeping shoaling fish in too small a group is irresponsable and cruel. There is enough information out there to prove what people say on this forum.

I'm with minnnt on this one. I personally feel obliged to mention any problems I see, whether they're related to the OP or not.

Well with my situation with the shoaling fish, I knew that they were shoaling fish and was slowly adding to the shoal.
Another thing, when one person says something, 100000 other people don't need to say it as well - for example, Someone asked about a blood parrot being in a 30 gallon, someone said no and explained why, then another person said no, then another :S I think we get the point.
Don't get me wrong I Like this forum very much and like the members but just certain things people say need to be addressed.

i agree with minnnt as well. often people compliment the tanks at the same time. saying for example: nice scape but dont you think ______ fish would be better in a different tank?

I have been there and done it. I thought i knew it all... In fact i knew very little. Sometimes it can come over harshly, but the majority of people only mention it because they care about fish. When i look back i appreciate everything that was pointed out to me. :good:

I disagree personally. Members on here who have been keeping fish for a very long time obviously have the benefit of experience on their side and feel the need to share it. People should keep apropriate fish in apropriate tanks. It's only fair to the fish. Keeping shoaling fish in too small a group is irresponsable and cruel. There is enough information out there to prove what people say on this forum.

yes, i agree with mint... but when people say this they sometimes use an insulting tone... i am easy to insult.

yesterday i was asked whether i was "asking whether i should be bothered" to go somewhere, when i wasnt... and i found it insulting.

Simply its a public forum.

I agree that those replying to a topic/within a thread should at least 'try' and relate their answer to the stated question and that other opinions should be added second. These opinions are (just that) opinions right or wrong (or just different), but if you post on a public forum you will get a public response.

Your topic is the seed, but you can't know what you will grow from it.

Well with my situation with the shoaling fish, I knew that they were shoaling fish and was slowly adding to the shoal.
Another thing, when one person says something, 100000 other people don't need to say it as well - for example, Someone asked about a blood parrot being in a 30 gallon, someone said no and explained why, then another person said no, then another :S I think we get the point.
Don't get me wrong I Like this forum very much and like the members but just certain things people say need to be addressed.

But that is because it is a forum. If someone asked a question and 1 person answered, it would be a very boring site to be involved in.

I agree. I understand the point of helping a hobbyist however deal with the question being asked and then make a suggestion... maybe even by PM. I am new here and I have been the target of a couple of blunt comments which I didn't take to very well. My impression so far is that this is just like most other forums. A couple people want to show their knowledge and build up their ego. I have only found a couple really welcoming forums. I'm trying to enjoy this one.

I'm with minnnt on this one. I personally feel obliged to mention any problems I see, whether they're related to the OP or not.
I agree also. If someone is making a post, I figure they are looking for advice to improve the keeping of their fish. This sometimes includes the tankmates of the fish they're asking about. Sometimes you can head off a real potential problem. Like someone that says, I have one Tiger Barb in my five gallon tank. I was looking at Bettas. What do you think of the Doubletail? Of course you have to mention the Tiger Barb! That being said, it never hurts to address these items in the nicest tone possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back