FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

reevolutionrock

Reaction score
Hello.  I have 4 African banned barbs, 4 zebra danios, a 3 inch redtail, 2 silver tipped tetras, and 1 dwarf pleco.  I have a 30 gallon tank that's in very good shape.    All fish are healthy.  I need advice though.  My tank, though active, visually looks a tad empty.  My question is, given the eventual matured size of these fish, can i afford to put more fish in?.....i wanted more middle or top swimmers to add a bit more animation to the tank.  But i don't want to overcrowd my tank because i want them all to remain healthy.  What do you think?

Redtail? Shark or catfish? They both are unsuitable for that tank. What type of dwarf Pleco? If you rehome the Redtail I'd make the danio, tetra and barbs numbers up to 7 each.

Shark.  And ill be relocating the shark once it matures more.  I dont plan on housing it in a 30 gallon once its full grown. and i cant remember on the pleco.  

Common Plecos can get quite large so you need to be careful. Otherwise, I Agee with TallTree, increase the numbers of your danios, tetras and barbs. They'll look nicer in the tank and they'll be much happier and less stressed.

i know.  The lady at the pet store said the specific dwarf pleco i got would grow to about 5 inches.  Which is why i ultimately bought him cause again, i don't want to overcrowd my tank.  And though my smaller fish numbers aren't the optimal 7 each, they still seem happy and healthy as if they were in higher number.  They play, swim actively, and eat a combination of things to promote good protein intake and balanced nutrition.  But i believe my question is answered, a probably shouldn't add anymore fish currently while my redtail is in the tank, due to the size he grows too.  So.....thanks     

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back