April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Victoria12

Reaction score
Hi. I straight away i want to say I am not great with all the measurements like pH and all. but..

Few weeks age my danio was hiding away and rocking side to side. Then, it suddenly starred swimming around with other fish and swimming around alot. However his colour went pale. The moment he got his colour back, he was back to hiding in the same spot, now over the past week hes come out more ans is currently swimming amongst others and not hiding.

I have recognised a swollen belly and that quite rarely he rolls very slightly side to side.

Today i came home from work and i can see that where his swollen belly is, on his right, there are 2 crater like reddish holes and on his left there is a red/white patch (where i assume will be another hole)

The danio is eating fine, not excessively.
Temp is 24c
Filter and aeration present.
None of my other danios are showing any signs, symptoms or any weird behaviour.

Could someone please help me, I really dont want it to suffer or many any others sick.

Can you post a picture of the fish and also a short video (20 second clip) showing the weird swimming/ movement?

What other fish are in the tank?

How long has the tank been set up for?

What sort of filter do you have on the tank and how long has it been running for?

How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?

How often do you do water changes and gravel clean the substrate, and how much water do you change?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back