My Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Awww she takes after her dad! So nice to see her and she got so big! Lol, she is so silly.

Awww she takes after her dad! So nice to see her and she got so big! Lol, she is so silly.
LOL...she's one of the rare ones, always out and about, rarely hides

Well that's not like her dad...unless there is a watermelon 🍉 or pepper top on the tank. Then it's <30 seconds till nom.

Well that's not like her dad...unless there is a watermelon 🍉 or pepper top on the tank. Then it's <30 seconds till nom.
The young one I recently got, in the 40B, hardly ever hides, either...I got lucky with both

A couple of pics of one of the amanos in the 29G...she's a big girl, nearly 2" long

Attachments

• Amano 1.jpg
    Amano 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Amano 2.jpg
    Amano 2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 71
When your tank temp is 77F, and your "cold" tap water temp in the summertime is 88F, you do what you gotta do during water changes to match temp...it's a PITA, but it works

Attachments

• WC.jpg
    WC.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 69
Had to cull more crypts from the 10G during the WC this weekend, the tank is being overrun with them...shame to just toss them, but no one nearby to give them to, PLUS I wouldn't want to pass along MTS to another tank, that tank is full of them

Attachments

• Crypts.png
    Crypts.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 64
You need to enter your tanks, they was a pleasure to watch and video 1 and 2 took my eye :wub: really beautiful and i loved how your plant splayed out on your 10g.
Thanks very much ;)

@WhistlingBadger

OK bud, do you want me to send just the lower part of what used to be a green bean, that is now an MTS colony, young and old, or just the MTS themselves? The green bean is probably gone, anyway....gah, I hate these things

Oh and BTW, shrimp not included*

*Check out the pretty pale blue female up top, with the dark red "saddle"....looking forward to the coloring her offspring

Attachments

• MTS green bean.jpg
    MTS green bean.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 64
@WhistlingBadger

OK bud, do you want me to send just the lower part of what used to be a green bean, that is now an MTS colony, young and old, or just the MTS themselves? The green bean is probably gone, anyway....gah, I hate these things

Oh and BTW, shrimp not included*

*Check out the pretty pale blue female up top, with the dark red "saddle"....looking forward to the coloring her offspring
Think I'll just let my population build naturally, thanks. ha ha

Neos are doing well in the 10G. You always hear the advice to not mix colors when adding shrimp to a tank, but for me personally, I like to see the various color morphs produced...these were culls I bought from a breeder on AquaBid, and they were different color morphs to begin with, which was fine with me...got them for a great price. IME, interbreeding the different colors has never really produced plain, brown, dull shrimp

@WhistlingBadger : are you certain you don't need any spare MTS? :p

[VIDEO]

Neos are doing well in the 10G. You always hear the advice to not mix colors when adding shrimp to a tank, but for me personally, I like to see the various color morphs produced...these were culls I bought from a breeder on AquaBid, and they were different color morphs to begin with, which was fine with me...got them for a great price. IME, interbreeding the different colors has never really produced plain, brown, dull shrimp

@WhistlingBadger : are you certain you don't need any spare MTS? :p

[VIDEO]
I might! It's been a couple months or so, and I have yet to see one, or to see any sign of their activity in the substrate. Wonder if they all died...Maybe I'm the only person in the world who can kill off MTS. It would fit, since I also seem to be the only person in the world who can't grow valisneria. :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back