My Tanks

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

What a fun ritual! :)
Like I say, they were doing some awesome sparring/displaying for a good while, until I dimmed the lights and grabbed the camera...little buggers...the yellow phantoms, and the reds, are just as fun to keep as the blacks, same behaviors, different colors

Just got some amano shrimp, fun little guys to keep...I did not know they would carry food around, greedy little buggers, lol

Sorry for the poor quality, just upgraded to a "smart" phone not long ago (I miss my flippy), and the quality of vids on this thing is terrible...any tips on how to fix it, much appreciated....iphone 8.....they're in a 5.5G QT tank for now, it's kind of dumpy looking, don't judge, lol

[VIDEO]

Just added these guys to the 29G after a 2 week quarantine, Bolivian rams...fun to watch, such interesting behavior...not as brilliantly colored as the German blues, but much easier to keep, not finicky at all with water params...I believe it's 2 males, but not positive about that, any thoughts on sexing appreciated....sorry for the shaky vid

[VIDEO]

Just got some amano shrimp, fun little guys to keep...I did not know they would carry food around, greedy little buggers, lol

Sorry for the poor quality, just upgraded to a "smart" phone not long ago (I miss my flippy), and the quality of vids on this thing is terrible...any tips on how to fix it, much appreciated....iphone 8.....they're in a 5.5G QT tank for now, it's kind of dumpy looking, don't judge, lol

[VIDEO]
Thought I'd lost one, TG it was just a molt...they must be happy and eating, molts are always a good sign

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 73
Gorgeous tanks and fish!

I need to re-arrange all my tanks and tear some down, including tearing down, stripping down, moving and refilling a 57 gallon... if you and/or @WhistlingBadger could just pop over and fix them up to look like yours, I'd appreciate it! ;)

Check out this big Neo shrimp in the 10G, enjoying her broccoli bit...I had gotten some culls from a breeder through AquaBid, different colored Neos, and even though they'll eventually breed out their colors and all become brownish, if they were THIS pattern of brown, I'd be quite pleased, lol....please pay no attention to the MTS (!@#$%^*) also enjoying the brocc, as well as the rest of the dozens in the pic...gah, I hate those things...this tank also has limpets in it, as well (!@#$%^&*)...both harmless, but unsightly

Yes, everyone says "don't mix other neos with cherries, you'll lose the red coloring and they'll all turn out brown", but I like the variety of colors ... and the only "brown" one I have is this one, who's so nice looking
I'm with you. Sure, don't mix colours of neos if you really want high grade shrimp and want to sell them or something, but if you're just keeping them for your own enjoyment, throw whatever you want in there! I had red cherries, but I really love the blues, and couldn't resist adding a few when they were available in my store, and I got a good deal because they were tiny babies that had been born in the store. He only charged me £1.50 each for them, and threw the last tiny one in for free. Yes, I've had some wild types, and my browns haven't been as cool looking as yours! But I really like the deep brown ones that they've thrown, but they've also produced more reds, more blues, a couple of really cool looking black ones, and even a perfect rili once! The rili surprised me, gotta admit. Some oranges and greenish/wildish coloured ones too, it's fun to see what else will appear!

I only recently added six amanos too, they're so huge next to the neos, but don't bother each other. The amanos are quick to grab and walk away with whatever food they find for sure! I was hoping they'd eat the black beard algae that's appeared recently, but I doubt they will as long as there's tastier food available. But even the neos will grab a bloodworm or bit of brineshrimp if it gets past the fish.

What kind of dogs do you have? I like hearing them in the background! Also a dog person :D I was trying to guess from the noise, I'm guessing at least one small one, and one medium - large one!

Gorgeous tanks and fish!

I need to re-arrange all my tanks and tear some down, including tearing down, stripping down, moving and refilling a 57 gallon... if you and/or @WhistlingBadger could just pop over and fix them up to look like yours, I'd appreciate it! ;)

I'm with you. Sure, don't mix colours of neos if you really want high grade shrimp and want to sell them or something, but if you're just keeping them for your own enjoyment, throw whatever you want in there! I had red cherries, but I really love the blues, and couldn't resist adding a few when they were available in my store, and I got a good deal because they were tiny babies that had been born in the store. He only charged me £1.50 each for them, and threw the last tiny one in for free. Yes, I've had some wild types, and my browns haven't been as cool looking as yours! But I really like the deep brown ones that they've thrown, but they've also produced more reds, more blues, a couple of really cool looking black ones, and even a perfect rili once! The rili surprised me, gotta admit. Some oranges and greenish/wildish coloured ones too, it's fun to see what else will appear!

I only recently added six amanos too, they're so huge next to the neos, but don't bother each other. The amanos are quick to grab and walk away with whatever food they find for sure! I was hoping they'd eat the black beard algae that's appeared recently, but I doubt they will as long as there's tastier food available. But even the neos will grab a bloodworm or bit of brineshrimp if it gets past the fish.

What kind of dogs do you have? I like hearing them in the background! Also a dog person :D I was trying to guess from the noise, I'm guessing at least one small one, and one medium - large one!
Thanks very much!.....check out this chart, on Neos

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 62
Gorgeous tanks and fish!

And here's my 3 lazy bones, Marley, Toby, and Sadie....all mixed breed rescues...they're my babies, lol

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 64
Thanks very much!.....check out this chart, on Neos
I can barely make head nor tail of it... :lol:

Just like when I try to learn more about planted tanks, and quickly get lost, it's the same with shrimp nerding! Some people really know their shrimp, and I get lost in the details!
And here's my 3 lazy bones, Marley, Toby, and Sadie....all mixed breed rescues...they're my babies, lol
Aaaww! I thought there might be a third dog! I was trying to guess from the sounds of their paws scrabbling, lol

I can barely make head nor tail of it... :lol:

Just like when I try to learn more about planted tanks, and quickly get lost, it's the same with shrimp nerding! Some people really know their shrimp, and I get lost in the details!

Aaaww! I thought there might be a third dog! I was trying to guess from the sounds of their paws scrabbling, lol
Yep, those paws make quite a bit of noise on my wood floors, especially when they are playing, which is why I usually try to wear them out in the yard first, lol

[VIDEO]
Mine! Mine! Mine!
I know there is enough for everybody, but I REALLY WANT YOURS!

Mine! Mine! Mine!
I know there is enough for everybody, but I REALLY WANT YOURS!
It's really fun to watch, glad I tried these guys, but I'm finding new molts DAILY, and each time, I assume one died, lol...haven't gotten used to their size, and the size of the molts....but molting is good, they're eating, and growing

I ordered them from here, and had a great experience, no DOA's, they were packed well for the journey

Here's a few FTS vids of my 3 "show" tanks...

First up, the 10G...sorry for the subpar quality, and the background noises (my pups running around)

[VIDEO]
]

Next, the 29G:

[VIDEO]

Finally, the 40B:

[VIDEO]

Not sure why the quality came out so poorly, they look much better on my PC, but something was lost in translation to Youtube, for some reason...
where'd you get those crypts? they look cool

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back