My Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snapped this pic of an unusually colored Neocaridina, in the 10G...one of the biggest Neos I've ever had, about an inch long

Attachments

• Shrimp 1.JPG
    Shrimp 1.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 82
Here's a vid from a few months ago, she starts out on the back of the brocc, then comes out to the front...sorry for the shaky vid and background noises, my dogs were running around

[VIDEO]

Do you know who the parents are? I have one similar (without the dramatic color change on the back) that is the offspring of a blue neo mama and a yellow male that had the larger body and longer rostrum. She is in a tank with other shrimp and molted last night (so the boys are doing laps at the moment). She was berried two weeks ago but lost her clutch of eggs, so I hope she tries again. Here is Tartufina:

1613322946476.png 1613322917811.png

Wow, nice! I hope she does better with the breeding try, too! Love that chocolatey color...

I have no clue who the parents were of mine, got a mixed bag of culls from a breeder on Aquabid, for a very good price...you can see some of the other culls in the vid above...I've never seen her saddled or berried, unfortunately

Wow, nice! I hope she does better with the breeding try, too! Love that chocolatey color...

I have no clue who the parents were of mine, got a mixed bag of culls from a breeder on Aquabid, for a very good price...you can see some of the other culls in the vid above...I've never seen her saddled or berried, unfortunately
She is so dark I can't even see a saddle. Most of the other offspring reverted to wild type, which I love with the very interesting markings. I now find the reds a bit boring.

Yes, everyone says "don't mix other neos with cherries, you'll lose the red coloring and they'll all turn out brown", but I like the variety of colors ... and the only "brown" one I have is this one, who's so nice looking

My Black Phantom tetra (Hyphessobrycon megalopterus) males were displaying/sparring heavily last night, so I decided to get a quick vid...and as always, as soon as the camera is out, they stopped...turning the background lights out so there's no tank reflections with the vid always does that...anyway, they play a bit in the vid, but not near as much as they were previously...beautiful little fish, IMO, black SKIRT tetras seem to be more available at the stores, but these guys are just as pretty, and not nippy or aggressive at all, like the BS's many times are....sorry for the background clatter, was doing laundry late evening, trying to keep the pipes from freezing

[VIDEO]

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back