My Shell Dweller Journey

As promised, here are some pictures of the multis. They have settled in very well, they have now started digging shells away and claiming their territories. All seems very peacful, I haven't witnessed a single fight yet, so fingers crossed that those will be with me for a long time and I can enjoy watching their behaviour and especially breeding behaviour. I have 45 shells in total now, but have ordered another 30, as I need even more!

The biggest, grumpiest one :lol:
DSCF2034Large.jpg

The tiny one
DSCF2042Large.jpg

DSCF2060Large.jpg

DSCF2098Large.jpg

DSCF2101Large.jpg

The only aggression I have seen is between the big juli and the big multi, but not too bad.

DSCF2103Large.jpg

DSCF2106Large.jpg

Current FTS, but more shells to be added soon.

DSCF2105Large.jpg

Mods - Could I please have this moved to journals? It ended being one and it might be a good reference for someone in the future. Just edited the title so it makes more sense.

People say that they are rather prolific. I haven't had much luck breeding them, but many people have. They may fill out in no time lol.

I think i hate you, following this thread has made me go out and buy a new 125 litre tank, sand, shells, rocks and reserve half a dozen Multis and a pair of Neolamprologus Helianthus at my LFS.

:hyper:

:good:

Your tank looks great! Sorry for the losses but it looks like its picking its pace up again. Ive enjoyed reading through this and its better to learn through people's experiences than to just read off an article.

I will be setting up a tank also for some shell dwellers. I was hoping to keep one family of shell dwellers along with other peaceful fish. I haven't decided on the type yet but I have some favorite species as seen on youtube.

PS. where is the video you promised :blush: would really like to see them in action.

Sorry, forgot about the video, but will get one this weekend. They have been digging a lot in the last days, the shell bed looks totally different now. It means they like it and they made it their home.

It's all so peaceful and the julis have also calmed down and accepted them. Yes, the occies had a nicer colouring, but they are much more fun to watch as they don't kill each other.

I cant decide on either Argos play sand which is very fine or black limpopo sand which is a little larger in the grain but wont get blasted around as easily by the filter :|

How are those dickfeldi working out with the multis? I'm replacing my julies after realizing that one of them is a hybrid :crazy: . Considering getting dickfeldi, would like to hear how they have been working with your setup. We haven't had an update in a while :p

They are fine with them now. The first days was a bit of pushing here and there, but they leave each other alone now. Two dickfeldi like roaming over the shellbed, but as soon as they get too low down the multis tell them off so they stay up and patrol there. All well so far, now I only need babies :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back