My Shell Dweller Journey

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Cool! Sounds like everything is going great in your tank! Do the dickfeldi show much agression toward the multis?

No, not really. The big one pushes them away when they get too close to his rock niche, but otherwise no problems at all.

Glad this worked out ok and you're enjoying the tank :)

I separated off my two paired brevis into my 29 gallon tank 3 weeks ago and tonight I've spotted two little fry peeking out from the rocks :hyper: gotta love shellies!

Great! I just saw this and don't have time to read it yet, those pics are awesome. {I commented so I won't lose it}

Aw, how cute! How many shelly tanks have you got now?

Only have two tanks, the 350l tang community and the 29gal which just has the two brevis in. Have left them alone as much I as can in their quiet corner of the dining room, havent even cleaned the algaa off the glass- tank looks a right state- as didn't want to disturb them (just been doing small regular water changes) so they've evidently been making their own entertainment hehe

Have seen 5 fry now and I'm sure theres more in there, defrosted some baby brine shrimp which they responded to which is a good sign :good:

He he, they surely are entertained. And now the sleepless nights begin ;)

If you can manage to get a picture through the algae I'd love to see your fry!

FF, happy reading up. It was a bit of a journey of ups and downs, but got there in the end.

baby_brevis.jpg

sorry about the quality best I could get with the camera on my phone

he is probably about 6mm long including the tail :rolleyes:

This is the absolute best read.. so fun to see your progression.
thank you for sharing.

How sweet Matt :wub:

I got more shells, tank is full now. There are 68 shells for 7 multis. That's almost ten each, should do them :lol:

Need to get pics up, promise will do that soon.

Baby brevis. There's at least 7 in there and they're feeding well and becoming more active :)

Great! Can't wait to have my own (fish) babies :)

Stupid question - they have built lots of hills and valleys, should I just leave it this way? Probably yes, but there is algae on the glass now where the hills are, do I just put up with it?

personally I wouldn't touch it, algae isn't an issue for the fish, disturbing them might anger then!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back