My River Reef 94 Marine Adventure!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks ALW

Well I have been busy

I stripped the old set up and cleaned the tank and moved it from my bedroom to my crammed living room as i want to be able to see the set up
009-54.jpg

011-48.jpg

Bought the substrate and added a powerhead a Koralia forget which kind
013-42.jpg

dashed to the fish shop and although I;ll be mixing my own in the future on this occasion I used their ready mix
014-40.jpg

and then off to Manchester to pick 13.5kg of live rock, actually bought a couple of extra kilos for a mates mantis shrimp tank but not sure whether I'll give him any. i got in late and just threw ths in this way and had some tea and wont mess with this till the weekend to see how I am going to scape it
015-40.jpg

But its coming on and Im excited :lol:

Wow that looks risky!!! Is that rock really stable like that!? :p :lol:

Lookin good though!

Whoa! You've been busy! No kidding!

If you could epoxy the rock into that position, it would be soooooooooo awesome.

I covet that top piece of rock. :drool:

L

I like that flat bit :wub:

ha ha hands off my rock :)

yeah its safe as it is there buut its not staying that way. not sure what to do with it all though when I get time next couple of days I need to take it all out and plan how to leave it I want shelves for my corals

But there are tons of places to epoxy corals too. I see lots of flat places.

Interesting to see what you come up with, though.

Oooooooo, you need to add yourself to meet the salties. :hyper:

I will be doing over the weekend in work at the moment and last night and tonight with the girlfriend so I have a whole three days off work this weekend with the kids so will get cracking on the tank and Meet the Salties

cant wait for tank #2 your first one was pretty cool!

cant wait for tank #2 your first one was pretty cool!
cheers pal I'll be more of a bargain hunter this time with less cash to splash but I think I;ll have a better idea of what I want this time

Watching with interest :good: nice scape!

cheers, the scapes not staying though. Ive not been checking journals out for a good while on here so will have a catch up on yours :good:

well Ive passed a piece of the rock to my mate as that was the plan he has a mantis shrimp tank in his living room

I find scaping really hard and have done this one and it will stay this way I think. Its functional more than anything as it provides spaces and ledges for my corals and theres space around the rock for me to clean the glass which is a problem I had with my last tank. Cant wait till it has coraline all over it it doesnt half look bare like this :)
010-50.jpg

009-55.jpg

007-60.jpg

002-75.jpg

004-72.jpg

also found a couple of signs of life a mushroom coral and a starfish that doesnt look like the kinds I had in my last set up plus something else which Im not sure whether its aspistasia or not
056-8.jpg

046-9.jpg

045-5.jpg

1st critter pic is probably a majano anemone. Pests, but not as bad as aiptasia, at least IME. I actually like my two majanos in my 8g, they are really quite lovely. Ssecond is a baby mushy, third looks like a starfish of some type.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back