My River Reef 94 Marine Adventure!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
1st critter pic is probably a majano anemone. Pests, but not as bad as aiptasia, at least IME. I actually like my two majanos in my 8g, they are really quite lovely. Ssecond is a baby mushy, third looks like a starfish of some type.

What do you think of the scape Lissette? Learning from my experience last time Ive gone for space to put corals?

1st critter pic is probably a majano anemone. Pests, but not as bad as aiptasia, at least IME. I actually like my two majanos in my 8g, they are really quite lovely. Ssecond is a baby mushy, third looks like a starfish of some type.

What do you think of the scape Lissette? Learning from my experience last time Ive gone for space to put corals?

A. floored you're asking me, since I really admired that first tank of yours.

B. it seems really good for coral placement to me. But how is it going to be for rock cleaning? I'm looking at the back specifically. I actually have quite a bit of space in the back of my tank. If it were me, I'd shift it forward 1/2 inch. Otherwise, your hands won't reach the back rock work and everybody knows when something dies, it goes to the back!

L

I see what you mean but I moved it back a little to have more space at the front, in my last tank if anything died it was gone pretty quickly in any event due to the shrimp, and crabs

Last time I rushed and Im getting those itchy feet again but Im really going to stick to mu guns and whats right and to take my time ha ha

I see what you mean but I moved it back a little to have more space at the front, in my last tank if anything died it was gone pretty quickly in any event due to the shrimp, and crabs

Last time I rushed and Im getting those itchy feet again but Im really going to stick to mu guns and whats right and to take my time ha ha

That's my one regret, that I had to go fast, but if you read the thread in the mod section you know why I had to go so fast. My tanks look good, but I have to work very hard to keep the params good. Especially in the picos.

Knowing my luck. My stuff will die in some dark crevice somewhere where I'll never find it.

well a little bit of progress has been made in my tank need to buy test kits to be testing and will do that before I add a fish however I have added 4 hermits 3 red legged and one blue legged and a two small xenias and a leather coral

IMG00089-20120107-2105.jpg

Simonas, your rock is same kinda layout as mine, the arch :) and mine is identical tank mostly (Kent Marine 94L) and my layout is cool! Its a little more complicated but its more mature than yours and i can mess around with mine every day if i wanted lol.

I gravel clean mine as i hate my sand being anything other than white :p but any dust that settles behind rocks, even in that settup can be reached by blasting with turkey baster if needed! (which is worth donig to stop it building up behind rocks).

Its also great scape for corals because of the flow... lower flow or higher light at the top, stuff like gorgonia does awesome on the left as thats where the flow ends up and zoas/polyps grow great on right with flow gonig slightly over them.. and mushies etc in the middle so they get food without being blasted flat accross tank.

Great scape! Cant wait to see more!

Simonas, your rock is same kinda layout as mine, the arch :) and mine is identical tank mostly (Kent Marine 94L) and my layout is cool! Its a little more complicated but its more mature than yours and i can mess around with mine every day if i wanted lol.

I gravel clean mine as i hate my sand being anything other than white :p but any dust that settles behind rocks, even in that settup can be reached by blasting with turkey baster if needed! (which is worth donig to stop it building up behind rocks).

Its also great scape for corals because of the flow... lower flow or higher light at the top, stuff like gorgonia does awesome on the left as thats where the flow ends up and zoas/polyps grow great on right with flow gonig slightly over them.. and mushies etc in the middle so they get food without being blasted flat accross tank.

Great scape! Cant wait to see more!

cheers Mbou will be having a look at yours now for some inspiration :good:

well Ive been very good only because I am skint ha got a lovely duncan yesterday for a tenner 5 heads as well and looks ace when out

Other than that its going ok I do need to buy test kits and wnot add any fish until the waters been tested

Ive found in the same piece of rock two crabs one adult one looks young theyre quite furry with what looks like a dark brown with white spots clews, I cant get a proper look as they wont come out fully

well Ive been very good only because I am skint ha got a lovely duncan yesterday for a tenner 5 heads as well and looks ace when out

Other than that its going ok I do need to buy test kits and wnot add any fish until the waters been tested

Ive found in the same piece of rock two crabs one adult one looks young theyre quite furry with what looks like a dark brown with white spots clews, I cant get a proper look as they wont come out fully

Naughty Simon, shouldn't be added corals without testing the water either. :big_boss: :whistle: Duncans are nice, though and that's a good price too. :)

For the crabs, small claws or large claws? I've still got a hidden mystery crab too.

Naughty Simon, shouldn't be added corals without testing the water either. :big_boss: :whistle: Duncans are nice, though and that's a good price too. :)

For the crabs, small claws or large claws? I've still got a hidden mystery crab too.

no I know but the ones I have bought have been so cheeeeeaaaaaappp

claws are in proportin to the body if that makes sense

no I know but the ones I have bought have been so cheeeeeaaaaaappp

claws are in proportin to the body if that makes sense

I know, I have a hard time resisting the $6 frag or the freebie mushroom too. :rolleyes:

It makes sense, rules out porcelain crabs. Emeralds can be hairy but the spots are throwing me off a bit. Do the claws have black tips? Gorilla crabs?

L

yeah the tips have black bits on, ill google gorilla crabs now :good:

just tested with new salifert kits

ph 8.0
nitrate 5
nitrite 0
ammonia <0.25

are these results good? i have cycle dislexia i dont understand it

ph 8.0
nitrate 5
nitrite 0
ammonia <0.25

Only thing I can think of is that something died in the tank triggering a mini spike in ammonia. You see that little crab lately?

ph 8.0
nitrate 5
nitrite 0
ammonia <0.25

Only thing I can think of is that something died in the tank triggering a mini spike in ammonia. You see that little crab lately?

yeah saw his pesky little face earlier on tonigh theres another as well, small with the longest skinniest claws ever! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back