Last but not least
7610611628_b727e0d49a_c.jpg
[font="Arial]
[/font][font="Arial]
[/font]
7610608990_212a61a644_c.jpg

Wow, thise are small clowns.

Im now jealous of you, you have ricordeas. I NEED RICORDIAS!!!! :shout:

Got a rush of blood. Acquired a cleaner shrimp. Needed as I'm feeding the fish. More a necessity really.
wahey.gif

7624327880_80a8543f6c_c.jpg

[font="Arial]I'll leave for a bit before adding any more fish. I may need some more CUC. One of my turbo's I think is dead but it was never very active from the start.[/font][font="Arial]
[/font][font="Arial]FTS. Some diatoms starting to appear. [/font][font="Arial]
[/font][font="Arial]
[/font]
7624314748_2713b7c443_c.jpg

Some advice on future stocking would be nice.

So far I have a pair of clowns.
I do intend having a a coby/shrimp combo.

I like the look of pyjama cardinals but get conflicting advice on tank size. They are social so how many if any can I have?

PJ cardinals do fine individually and I've got one in a 20gal, so I'm sure a PJ would do fine in yours. I'm not sure how social I would call them; M/F pairs are supposed to be fine, but they are darned near impossible to sex when young (I'm not convinced it's ever possible to do with high accuracy). Ending up with two males by accident didn't go to well for me when I tried it in my 55gal, so I had to move one out eventually. Some say that it goes better with larger groups, but I certainly wouldn't try larger groups in a smaller tank. So, in smaller tanks it's probably better to stick to one unless you find a pair with some kind of assurance about the genders.

Excellent. Going single allows more stocking options down the line.
Cheers Donya.
smile.gif

Difficult to get this character. Can anyone identify? Just get the legs. I think it's a crab. It's never seen in daylight so assume a nocturnal creature.

7658565242_66462629b9_c.jpg

The flatness of it says sally lightfoot.

L

You may be right L. The rings on the legs would be consistent with a SLF crab. Research would indicate that as it gets bigger my inverts and fish may not be safe.
unsure.gif

I had bottle trap out a few nights but only caught my cowrie. I think I'll have to keep trying to get him though.
blush.gif
Ah well.

The flatness of it says sally lightfoot.

I'm not sold on Grapsidae/Grapsoidea just from that pic...would need to see full carapace (which looks off to me for the Grapsids/Grapsoids I'm familiar with) and/or claws. Is it a match for a particular species in the group that you've seen before?

Mission: Bag and Tag

I'll try and capture and put a decent pic online before he gets evicted. :snap:

So acclimating my pyjama cardinal fish at the moment. Also bought a sand shifting starfish from the advice from my LFS. I was looking for something to stirr the sand. They didn't have any nassarius snails.

Now I'm reading up on the care of the starfish I think there not compatable with the size of my tank.
crazy.gif

You bought or they sold you?

DrRob said:
You bought or they sold you?

Is there a difference. LOL.
I knew in the back of my head most starfish are not suitable for my tank. The LFS is only 5 minutes from me so brought back before introducing to the tank. Oh well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back