My Puddle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

is that a type of mantis shrimp?

-Tyler

Yep it is :D

[font="Arial][/font][font="Arial]I'm taking out my query majano tonight. Even if it isn't a pest I don't know if I can take the risk. Acquired syringe and needle from work and I'm going to inject vinegar into it.
[/font]

You're a vicious bunch over here.
laugh.gif

I know nothing about the salty side, but loving this journal & its mystery inhabitants

Yes, we are vicious. We love keeeeeling the little pests.

SaltNoob said:
is that a type of mantis shrimp?

-Tyler

The general consensus is yes. Dont know what type though. I had thought the filter sucked him in as I haven't seen him in a while. Obviously not.

I am considering keeping in the tank and let grow to see what type and see how it behaves. Even as I type that I'm a bit nervous.
unsure.gif

Oh and stu. Top of the food chain. Got thumbs.
cool1.gif

stu40 said:
lljdma06 said:
Yes, we are vicious. We love keeeeeling the little pests.

I can be brutual.The other day i totally squashed a pest snail.
Xraymark said:
Oh and stu. Top of the food chain. Got thumbs.
cool1.gif

Yea, for now.Keep your hands out of the tank
laugh.gif
True. LOL.

Just caught up with this one!

Defo. not an aip - as to what it actually is then I agree with LLJ probably a majano but would like to see it a little larger.

Also a mantis.

If it were my tank I would keep one and get rid of the other - will let you guess which way round that is.....

Well, the majano is now sleeping with the fishes.
yes.gif
So I hope the mantis is a keeper. For now.

Edit: oh and hope you had a good holiday ainsy.

Thanks mate - back all refreshed and raring to go!

I'm strange (or so the voices in my head keep saying) I actually like majanos!

Having said that I also don't mind the mantis - It's just they tend to eat the other things I keep! Hmmn got me thinking about a little 'ol mantis tank now!

I'll need to keep an eye on my CUC and note any suspicious deaths. Must do a bit of research on compatible CUC, if there is such a thing.

I'm guessing my mantis is a smasher as its living in the live rock as opposed to a spearer.

Thanks mate - back all refreshed and raring to go!

I'm strange (or so the voices in my head keep saying) I actually like majanos!

Having said that I also don't mind the mantis - It's just they tend to eat the other things I keep! Hmmn got me thinking about a little 'ol mantis tank now!

You're not the only one. I'll zap an aiptasia no questions asked, but I'll leave a small group of majanos alone. :rolleyes: I got the ones that are kind of like zoas in appearance. I guess it's because the first thing I found alive in any of my tanks was a small majano anemone. I named him mojito. I'd like to think it's mojito's descendants that now live in my old 8g, so I don't want to kill them. I know, I pretend to be all brutal and go kill things, but deep down, I'm a softie.

L

I'm guessing my mantis is a smasher as its living in the live rock as opposed to a spearer.

Have you heard any clicking/popping sounds? Spearers are rare as hitchhikers, but smashers do make quite a bit of noise.

Have you heard any clicking/popping sounds? Spearers are rare as hitchhikers, but smashers do make quite a bit of noise.
[/quote]

Nothing definate.

Donya said:
Oh wait you had a shed bit of the arm right? That should have been the giveaway; I can't tell from the pic of it though because of the angle. Just a matter of whether there are lots of extra prongs.
http://evolution.ber...s/forelimbs.jpg

I think the claw cast looks like a crab limb. I have another hitchhiker which I haven't seen yet. Just legs pulling in seaweed into the rock. I'm going start setting traps at night and try an I'd.

On another note is this a feather duster. Sorry poor image
7557561244_981853d44c_c.jpg

it retracts with the flash from the camera.

7557560170_8ff0d0684e_c.jpg

My name is Mark and I've got clowns.
beer.gif

Tried to resist but the temptation was too much.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back