My ponds

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
my ponds in rubbish pics, will have to do some from my bedroom window (birds eye view of them!!)

had to chuck one in of my new koi!!

ok pics in next post getting a mate to resize them as i don't have office on here yet!!

ok i have MS Office now so pictures are resized......

Attachments

• poonds.JPG
    poonds.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 59
and another :D

just before release!!

i was told they are;

Shsui
Hirwake
Doitsu Ohgon

and i think one of the ghost koi we bought is actually a normal koi and seem to have a cow print pattern :lol:

Attachments

• koi.JPG
    koi.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 51
Nice ponds + koi, do you ever have any trouble with herons?

used too years back but we became aware of the problem and as you can see they are fully netted.

Looking good, how big are they? I can see the Doitsu Ohgon and the Shusui but the other looks like a Kohaku (white and orange fish out of view but I can't see it probably, any chance of a closer pic). Nice fish and the Ghost Koi is looking good to. :thumbs:

which is which -_- ? the guy just wrote the names down and i forgot which ones where which :p

those are 2-3inch ones all of the new ones then this koi is aorund the 10" mark.....

Attachments

• golden.JPG
    golden.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 61
The deep red one is the Doitsu Ohgon, one above it is the Shusui and the other orange and white looks to be a Kohaku, but I need a closer pic to comfirm. Looks good. :)

just done the close up...it doesn't get the colours the best because of the flash!!

Attachments

• kahuta__1_.JPG
    kahuta__1_.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 54
and here's the one thats meant to be a ghost koi but looks like it has a funky cow print pattern forming nicely!!

sorry about the reflection of my hand!!

Attachments

• ghost_or_koi__2_.JPG
    ghost_or_koi__2_.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 48
Sorry I was wrong that fish is a Hariwake (he dosen't look in great condition, keep an eye on him) and the second pic looks to be a Shiro Utsuri.

What size are your ponds? How many Koi do you have, other than the grass carp any other fish like Orfes, Rudd etc?

Your ponds are wonderful - I have always loved koi the best but won't get them anymore until I can figure out how to have a pond at 40 degrees below zero :no:

ALASKA

In the top pond there are...

8 koi - the large one and the 7 new small ones.
5 meduim goldfish
5 orfe, about 3 inch at the moment
1 albino grass carp around 10"
2/3 tench aorund 6-8 inch
1 mystery carp around 6/7 inch

think thats all in there not too sure on the sizes.. i measure the ponds today to give an idea!

In the bottom pond there are...

5 Sarasa Comets
2 normal grass carp 5-6 inch
3/4 tench 6-8 inch
aorund 10-15 goldfish
about 5 rudd
12 goldfish that i relased from my aqurium the other day about 1-2 inch (last years fry)

i think thats ponds about 400g not sure though.

you'll probable say thats overstocked, then i can use it to persuade parents towards a new pond :D

oh and how comes you think the hirawake is in bad condition?

Sounds good, I know what you mean with Tench, never see the things. I occasionally have a Gold one come up to feed and shot back down. The Hariwake looks abit thin and from the pics his fins don't look good, maybe just the pics? Got any Blue Orfe?

Most reactions

Back