My planted freshwater journal/update thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow it is looking great! Where are you goin for vacation? I hope you have fun! When do you expect to be able to start adding fish? Really exciting!

Wow it is looking great! Where are you goin for vacation? I hope you have fun! When do you expect to be able to start adding fish? Really exciting!
Sorry, not saying where we're going but its beachy... I have a feeling in the next few weeks I'll add some fish... The first fish I wont quarantine but the 2nd batch I will... Also, thanks!

Sorry, not saying where we're going but its beachy... I have a feeling in the next few weeks I'll add some fish... The first fish I wont quarantine but the 2nd batch I will... Also, thanks!
Beach is fun, my family visits Florida every year. I totally understand being hesitant to share where you are going, I wasn't trying to be creepy. I bet you are excited to get some fish! The plants look awesome!

Beach is fun, my family visits Florida every year. I totally understand being hesitant to share where you are going, I wasn't trying to be creepy. I bet you are excited to get some fish! The plants look awesome!
Yeah, if this was a more private site and it was a tight knit community (which it mostly is but there are others who can see) then I might share...

I know, lol... I trust ya... Its just the other creeps out there 😂
Definitely smart to keep location information off a public website.

Tank is looking awesome! Really loving the scape and the java ferns are looking great.

One thing I would suggest is maybe adding some small Cryptocoryne's on the rocks around the java fern. It will give a slightly different leaf shape/texture/size and some extra cover/water filtration without having to put anything in the substrate. Would help fill out that side of the tank a little too and finish the "island" type of scape off.

Have a great vacation, hopefully your cycle will be close to done by the time you get back!

Definitely smart to keep location information off a public website.

Tank is looking awesome! Really loving the scape and the java ferns are looking great.

One thing I would suggest is maybe adding some small Cryptocoryne's on the rocks around the java fern. It will give a slightly different leaf shape/texture/size and some extra cover/water filtration without having to put anything in the substrate. Would help fill out that side of the tank a little too and finish the "island" type of scape off.

Have a great vacation, hopefully your cycle will be close to done by the time you get back!
Thanks! I'll check out those plants... I'm not sure if I'm doing an island scape... I was just making some caves and adding places to put the ferns and anubias. I also hope it'll be close to done when I get back as well... I am at the stage of adding ammonia everytime amm and nitrites go to 0... So far its processing ammonia in 2 days but just recently its been going down more in a short amount of time.

So, after I added the last dose of ammonia for the cycle, I saw this... 3 baby java ferns sprouting! I wonder if there are others hiding...
1125211303.jpg

I tried to get a good picture but he was swinging around everywhere... He was climbing up a thin string of algae... Introducing, the one and only... MISSION IMPOSSIBLE SNAIL!
1125211624.jpg
1125211623.jpg

So I have some sad but awesome news... I wont be able to get the fish this week. BUUUT, its cause my driving instructor called and most of this week I'll be behind a wheel for the first time... Although, next week (all fingers crossed) I will be able to order up the fish. All fish pick ups are on Wednesdays, which is a tricky day to get them with my schedule.

Last edited:
So I have some sad but awesome news... I wont be able to get the fish this week. BUUUT, its cause my driving instructor called and most of this week I'll be behind a wheel for the first time... Although, next week (all fingers crossed) I will be able to order up the fish. All fish pick ups are on Wednesdays, which is a tricky day to get them with my schedule.
Ahhhhhhhh lucky! I got my permit months ago but have only been driving a little bit, around my neighborhood.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back