My planted freshwater journal/update thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did I already update about my lights coming in?? Also, I ordered up my plants.
1029211235.jpg
1029211228.jpg

Just checked when I'd be expecting the plants... They should all be here sometime through Nov. 4th-Nov. 8th

Hardscape is looking good :) Only thing I'd think about is moving the rocks a bit so that all the lines/crevices point in the same direct, imagine if they were in a running river/lake and the water had worn it down over time the flow of the water would follow a similar route. I don't think you are far off just work out which is the most prominent angle at the moment and nudge things around a bit.

kh/gh tests are a bit different to the other test kits you just count the drops until the colour changes then the number of drops = your hardness. Eg from my tapwater it usually changes colour on the 14th or 15th drop so I have (annoyingly) hard water.

Wills
Ok, so I was trying to do that... BUT, on some ridges you are not able to tell which way it eroded. So, all I did was try to make a very nice cave system with the space I have.

My java ferns arrived today! I have them floating in the tank for now but im gonna be attaching them soon. I'll also try to get some pics later!
btw, can I bury the java ferns in the sand just a little or do they have to go on decor?

Yah, i dont have any root to put in the sand really.... So I'll tie it off. Thanks!

Those ferns are going to look really cool once they attach themselves and start to grow naturally over the rocks. It takes a while, but it's worth the wait!

Those ferns are going to look really cool once they attach themselves and start to grow naturally over the rocks. It takes a while, but it's worth the wait!
Thank you! How long does it take for them to fill in usually?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back