My planted freshwater journal/update thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Havent done a pic in a while so I thought I'd share...
0301221425a.jpg

I just changes the scape a teensy bit... I want to add some more plants and I'm getting the tank prepared :)
20220703_152654.jpg
20220703_152701.jpg

Cleared room for the amazon swords and tiger lotus... I want to add anubias to the back. The thing is, idk when I'll get the plants. I have something I don't use that I'll sell to help "discount" the plants lol
View attachment 163376

Water is looking lovely and clear!
Which anubius is that in the centre? Is that a coffeeflolia? :D

Thank you!
Yes it is coffeefolia :)
And I used to have another one but the leaves fell off when I accidentally got rough with it 😬
Nice! We're anuibius twinsies :D I really love my coffeefolia.
I've killed quite a few plants now in my time in the hobby, no judgement here!

Nice! We're anuibius twinsies :D I really love my coffeefolia.
I've killed quite a few plants now in my time in the hobby, no judgement here!
I guess so sis! 🤣
They do look really nice. I love the leaf texture and the size. Reminds me of a thick jungle. Which is why I want some really large ones in the back.

I guess so sis! 🤣
They do look really nice. I love the leaf texture and the size. Reminds me of a thick jungle. Which is why I want some really large ones in the back.
Keep growing yours on and you'll be able to trim it and grow others in the back! But I know that with it being pretty slow growing, it's tempting to just buy more! lol. Definitely agree with the jungle look it gives, I have the same type of houseplants for that reason, like draecena, rubber plants, bromeliads - it's just the look that appeals.

Keep growing yours on and you'll be able to trim it and grow others in the back! But I know that with it being pretty slow growing, it's tempting to just buy more! lol. Definitely agree with the jungle look it gives, I have the same type of houseplants for that reason, like draecena, rubber plants, bromeliads - it's just the look that appeals.
Yah... Mine only grows a leaf every few weeks. And the leaves don't really grow bigger and the plant itself never gets taller...
For that reason I want to get a pack of anubias mother pots.
I found a nice deal on etsy :)

I have the same type of houseplants for that reason, like draecena, rubber plants, bromeliads - it's just the look that appeals.
We used to have a red banana plant and want to do another one but this time just a normal green banana plant.
We figured either the winter killed it or Luna decided she didn't like it there 🤣
But we have some jungly flower plants in the back that look nice. We just want to attempt the banana plant again!
I love the leaves on them and I really someday want those elephant ear plants

We used to have a red banana plant and want to do another one but this time just a normal green banana plant.
We figured either the winter killed it or Luna decided she didn't like it there 🤣
But we have some jungly flower plants in the back that look nice. We just want to attempt the banana plant again!
I love the leaves on them and I really someday want those elephant ear plants
Maybe frost killed it? I don't know banana plant care at all, so only basing that guess on garden plants I need to bring in before the first frost, like calla lilies. I have them outside spring/summer, but if they were outside when it frosts, it would kill them off. But again, I don't know banana plant care or the weather conditions where you are!

Yah. We think it was the cold weather. It was a colder than normal winter here and then just a few days ago we were talking to someone who sells and cares for plants. He said that you should put the buble of the plant 3 inches deep or maybe more to where the ground doesn't freeze. Then mulch thickly around it. So thats what we are going to try! He said it should come back each year or even keep strong during winter

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back