My planted freshwater journal/update thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My sunrise/sunset aquarium light arrived along with a GH/KH test kit! I will test later as I cant today but I may need help on how to test with it
1029211235.jpg
1029211228.jpg

Hardscape is looking good :) Only thing I'd think about is moving the rocks a bit so that all the lines/crevices point in the same direct, imagine if they were in a running river/lake and the water had worn it down over time the flow of the water would follow a similar route. I don't think you are far off just work out which is the most prominent angle at the moment and nudge things around a bit.

kh/gh tests are a bit different to the other test kits you just count the drops until the colour changes then the number of drops = your hardness. Eg from my tapwater it usually changes colour on the 14th or 15th drop so I have (annoyingly) hard water.

Wills

Hardscape is looking good :) Only thing I'd think about is moving the rocks a bit so that all the lines/crevices point in the same direct, imagine if they were in a running river/lake and the water had worn it down over time the flow of the water would follow a similar route. I don't think you are far off just work out which is the most prominent angle at the moment and nudge things around a bit.

kh/gh tests are a bit different to the other test kits you just count the drops until the colour changes then the number of drops = your hardness. Eg from my tapwater it usually changes colour on the 14th or 15th drop so I have (annoyingly) hard water.

Wills
Ok! Will do! Thank you for your advice, I will definitely start fidgiting around with it!

Check this out. Wonder why they don’t mention fish & salamanders. Looks like I could buy the slate & assemble it myself, but I have concerns about too much weight on the stand.
Slate shouldn’t be added to your tank because it can negatively effect your water chemistry. Lots of slate found online has high levels of iron while others have big rust spots. If you can find a “pure” piece, then it may be safe, but I personally wouldn’t risk it.

Slate shouldn’t be added to your tank because it can negatively effect your water chemistry. Lots of slate found online has high levels of iron while others have big rust spots. If you can find a “pure” piece, then it may be safe, but I personally wouldn’t risk it.
Much appreciated advice. Thank you. Was considering buying slate kits online & assembling my own caves.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back