My planted freshwater journal/update thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks EPIC! I'm sure your fishes would enjoy it. Just don't forget to add SNAILS!!!
Thank you, I appreciate that. I wont forget to add snails. I may try buying some when I go to pick up my 3 gudgeons but Idk... It may be a month or two before I get some.

A perfect chance to get those nerites🙂
I'm just not sure if I have enough algae or biofilm yet... But I mean, their only like $3... I may get 2 and see how it goes... But I dont want to kill anything

@StripySnailGirl04, I know you didnt ask but I love sharing the fish im doing for the tank... These are the pictures that made me LOVE peacock gudgeons:
Native-Gudgeon-Peacock-1.jpg

This is the tank after it cleared up... The temp dropped about 5-6 degrees using the outdoor water. Its back to temp now but I'm worried it will be dangerous when there is fish in there. I also jave to remember that this was a 100% water change... So that maybe why it was such a great temp drop
0125221752.jpg

Look who is in their new home... (Sorry for the blur... Every time my phone cleared up it blurred as I took the picture)
View attachment 152963
Congrats, Rocky...once they are in, lower the lights, and try to keep activity outside the tank to a minimum...let them acclimate to their new home

Aactivity outside the tank is a bit hard... Plus, these guys are really frisky... They are attacking the snails LOL.
Congrats, Rocky...once they are in, lower the lights, and try to keep activity outside the tank to a minimum...let them acclimate to their new home

Sure
That's fine. If you read my TFF signature, it will say that I don't like pests. Would you like to hear a story about some pest snails achieving tank domination on my aquarium?

OK.
So it started as setting up my first ever tank. Had no idea cycling existed, and got some plants. Of course, they came with pest snails.1 year later, they had multiplied to the hundreds. There were so much that when the snails fell of the leaves, the guppies and danios would bat them around with their tails! It was like mini aquatic football!
As much as it could be entertaining, it became clear that these pests were on their way to world domination. I summoned an army of Assasin Snails and then separated the fish from the pests. This was when I did a tank redo. Wiped them out completely.
However, it did not stop there. Another batch of pests invaded my tank, thirsty for revenge.
As of 2022, all that remains is a solitary pest shell.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back