My Orca Nano Tl-550 Journal

Trod bought an RO man one, think it was 90 gallons or similar.

You only make as much water as you want :good:

Seffie x

How does this one look?
http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_89&products_id=30

Would I need 50GPD 75GPD or 100GPD? is it just the speed in which it makes the water? There doesn't seem to be much difference in the price?

So as of this morning my fish look 99% spot free :good: ??? dont worry Im not counting my chickens :/

I thought ROman had gone bust??

That is the size I have but if you can afford it go a bit bigger :good: You will also need two ball valves, so that the membranes stay wet. Dont buy one without a DI unit on it and if you can get one with an inline TDS and flush even better

Try Osmotics

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/

Seffie x

I thought ROman had gone bust??

That is the size I have but if you can afford it go a bit bigger :good: You will also need two ball valves, so that the membranes stay wet. Dont buy one without a DI unit on it and if you can get one with an inline TDS and flush even better

Try Osmotics

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/

Seffie x

I take it that the ball valves are use to isolate the unit at the "tap water in" end and the "ro water out" end. Also, does DI stand for Deionisation? thus do I need a 4 stage unit?

Thanks Seffie x

I take it that the ball valves are use to isolate the unit at the "tap water in" end and the "ro water out" end.

Indeed they are :good:

Also, does DI stand for Deionisation? thus do I need a 4 stage unit?

I only have a two stage and then added a DI (DeIonisation) filter

Thanks Seffie x

I take it that the ball valves are use to isolate the unit at the "tap water in" end and the "ro water out" end.

Indeed they are :good:

Also, does DI stand for Deionisation? thus do I need a 4 stage unit?

I only have a two stage and then added a DI (DeIonisation) filter

Thanks Seffie x

Thanks Seffie

Just two more Qs on this I promise

Ok does that mean the unit is always under pressure?

Should I go four stage or three stage?

Cheers your the best! x

Go for the best you can afford :good:

The unit isnt always under pressure as all you are doing is trapping water against the membrane to keep it wet

Seffie x

ps questions are good

hi all

Fish still have a few spots but seem to be holding up. The coral beauty looks loads better but he has started swinging erratically, twitching his head from side to side and caught him rubbing against the LR.

Im happy with water quality as Nitrates are 0, Nitrites 0 PH 8.1, KH 10, cal 450, the only test Im unsure of is the Phos. My test kit is the API and I know they arent massively brilliant. The Phos test colour chart is confusing as the colour for 0 Phos and 0.5 look exactly the same. So I cant really tel what my level is.

I think Im just going to change the rowphos anyway...as its been in there since january? Anyone know how long it lasts?

Still fighting the white spot! the CB only has 1or2 spots but the RG is covered....Im feeding often and both are taking it. The CB has stopped rubbing but the RG continues. The CB seems to be chasing the RG quite a lot which is something that I've never seen before.

Im getting depressed about this now...I'm considering the QT option for them both...

Sounds like it's a persistent problem - definitely think the qt is the best option.

Feeding it out isnt quite working fully.

Hi guys, Sorry Ive been AWOL for a few weeks but you know how it is with life and love etc.

So a few things have been going on with my tank, First thing to up date on is my White Spot issue. So basically I removed the Royal Gramma and she has been in a QT for about a month. She looks really good now and has kicked the infection. The rest of the tank mates are still in the DT and all look fine with no spots and no symptoms. Sweet!! :hyper:

I just need to work out if I should risk putting the Royal Gramma back in the DT, or give her back to the LFS??? Just don’t want to risk her getting stressed out again as I think she didn’t get on with my Coral Beauty? Unless I add some more rocks at the front of the tank that she might call home? not sure?

Anyhow I have introduced some more live rock, an elegance coral, feather duster, cleaner shrimp and chaeto.

This is the elegance when I first got it
IMG_0736.jpg

This is it about a month old and in a more shaded place, as it didn’t like being in direct light for some reason.
IMG_0764.jpg

This is my cleaner shrimp Jed messing with my feather duster, which to be honest is something Im not too happy about as I’ve noticed recently the feather are looking a little floppy? Not sure if it is related Jed’s vigorous cleaning raceme?
IMG_0760.jpg

Side angle…
IMG_0761.jpg

And this is how its sort of looking nowadays.
IMG_0768.jpg

The chaeto was added when a few weeks ago I got some cyano on the sand, that went away after some water changes and adding the chaeto etc.

The future plans are to buy a RO unit, change the bulbs and buy an LPS…cant decide on hammer or torch…if anyone is fragging please let me know! Cheers.
I’ve recently ordered a bright blue moonlight from Fleabay so Im looking to mod the lid to install it. Pics to follow.

Ok well thats me for the minute, any thoughts or criticisms are always very welcome...cheers guys :good:

Check out my Video its only about 1 min long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7B2f_ln3Jo

Cheers

That is one clean tank :good: and looking really nice.

I think I would rehome the gramma

Seffie x

That is one clean tank :good: and looking really nice.

I think I would rehome the gramma

Seffie x
Cheers Seffie,

Im thinking of doing that, she is just so shy and timid. I think she needs a tank with loads of rocks, somewhere where she aint going to be bothered by other rock dwelling fish like my coral beauty. Who is in and out of every nock and cranny and doesn't care who he offends lol!

But I dont really want to give her back?

Any thoughts on a Midas Blenny. I saw one last week that looked really nice! Oh and I saw a pink scooter Blenny! man now thats a good looking fish! But I hear they are hard to keep??? think you have to culture pods for them is that right? I'd like a fish that would hang out on the bottom? any thoughts?

Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Back