i personally try to avoid all algae killers because they do there job and then it will take hold again and again and if something goes pair shaped.... im guessing its that black/blue/green hairy stuff? i had it in my tank for a while all over my vallis and it was killing them, i increased the flow to 10X tank volume an hour. and it went within two weeks. this coupled with 50% water changes every 2 days will eradicate it very quickly.
sorry to sound like a broken record lol
Now there!!.... In defence of MY algea,.....(I have to say) it's not just any cheap algea growing in anyone's common tanks.... this is a healthy specimen of good cultured prime stock algea.... Thick strands of healthy vibrant green algea threads.....(get the picture)....But I hate it...
I even left the empty ponds in the sun for at least 4 days before I transferred the fish... no avail!
[URL="httpHallo Kia... Sorry to sound ignorant,..... But what are those?? (Nerite snails)..... I have plenty Apple snails,.... No will help??/theaquariumwiki.com/Neritina_natalensis"]http
/theaquariumwiki.com/Neritina_natalensis[/URL]
Thanks Kia.... I had a look at your link, but never seen 'em live before in me life, so I would assume they're unavaible in SA.....
. im guessing its that black/blue/green hairy stuff? i had it in my tank for a while all over my vallis and it was killing them, i increased the flow to 10X tank volume an hour. and it went within two weeks. this coupled with 50% water changes every 2 days will eradicate it very quickly.
/theaquariumwiki.com/Neritina_natalensis"]http
.






